CHAPTER 9- AWAKENING

"It has been so long, since............since when? I am dreaming? no, I am thinking. why am I thinking? I am supposed to be as sleep". these were the thoughts going through David's mind. who slowly opened his eyes, to find the stasis pod open. he looked around as he slowly gained his consciousness. his brain quickly calculating the possibilities and reasons for his sudden awakening. as he slowly floated out of the pod, on to the surface, he noticed he was not the only one awakened. 

His whole crew was already up and about their business. "David, stop wandering around like an idiot. the briefings about to start, come on". David nodded at this, quickly took the gadget from the side of the pod, attached it to the core on his chest and hurried towards the briefing room. a second skin type of suit already forming on him.

doors scanned David before he got to them and a shining gold suit wearing David walked through doors as if disappearing into them. he quickly moved to his spot and a seat formed beneath him along with a table in front of him. David picked up the small marble shining like silver, with something liquid moving inside and swallowed it down. 

"so, now that everyone is here", a woman wearing the same gold suit as everyone else walked up to the front, a stage and stairs forming beneath her feet as she walked. "let's begin", she turned around to face her crew of 50 people and smiled.

"Long we have waited and for long we have slept, we have found answer to every question and in our loneliness, we have created many new questions as well. we were so lonely that we gave up what made us humans, we gave up our curiosity. we grew exhausted and we stopped looking". The woman, now excited beyond measure and now her crew was agitated as well.

"People we have done it, or more like aliens have done it". at the word aliens everyone looked suspiciously toward the woman. after all most of the universe had been scanned already, if there were really aliens, other sentient beings, they would have long being found.

"yes, you are all very right, they would have been found, but you seem to be forgetting for how long we were sleeping. in that time period, universe is bound to create some new species and it seems this time a sentient species has been created, other than us". 

at this the whole crew burst into a buzz. everyone speculating and making guesses about the aliens, even bets were being placed. Captain knew she was loosing them, so she decided to quickly wrap up the matter and start the work.

"all right, quiet down people, the news is that a sentient species has accidently or deliberately activated a contact beacon. and we are chosen to investigate the matter". 

"this is the chance that we were waiting for, this is the thing that we started diving deep into the universe to begin with. we can not let it slip and we can not be careless either. we allow them to come to us or we go to them has not yet been decided. we will do what we are assigned to do and well, just hope that they are good."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

whomsoever decides to read it.

please, please tell me your thoughts. things i need to improve or to add or any kind of suggestion. I will really appreciate it. criticism is welcome, i need to improve i know it, it's just that you guys have to help me.  

thank you.