CHAPTER 5- HOW MUCH ANCIENT? (PART-2)

The whole building was completely rid of the ice. Velthunians could not believe what they were seeing. Not a sun, Not a comet but a building, created by someone at some point, was shining brighter than anything in the present universe. it was as if a star was burning bright on a planet. Illuminating everything and providing a comforting warmth, the kind of which no Velthunian had ever experienced. 

the exploration was kind of fast forwarded from that point on. the whole city was now shining bright and proud. in the dark and cold universe, it was a splash of fresh hope. 

Velthuhninas were now more excited, they had found a city, the ruins of some ancient civilization. if the ruins were this bright and still standing, what if someone from this civilization was still alive. what if, this civilization was still living somewhere else, someplace warm and bright. what if, they were bright and warm themself. these kind of thoughts were on every person's mind. 

But, still there was a problem. even though, they had examined every building and structure, it was still hard to determine just how old were these ruins? every time anyone tried to just as much as scratch a golden wall for a sample, it would simply heal itself faster than a blink. data gathering and dating it was getting nowhere if this continued.

everyone knew the civilization was ancient and as much developed as old, they still could not figure out just how much old were these ruins. or were these really ruins? scientists had already figured out, old or not, this civilization was far more advanced than anyone could imagine. Besides they needed more than just glorifying monuments to actually figure out anything else.

Just when this hope started to look like a beautiful dream, that could only be seen but never truly reached. a breakthrough was found. 

Some soldiers were patrolling near the sites to watch for any kind of animal or just anything peculiar. one of the soldiers tripped on what seemed like an ice block.  but, when the soldier tripped, the ice block broke and revealed the same illumination as coming from the exploration site. as soon as the scientists and archeologists were informed, they started digging.

Ael'a had dug only a few inches and she could make out some fingers like structure. "fingers?" Zover looked over at Ael'a and was shocked as well. " wait, that means a whole statue is buried here or just some fingers?" he asked curiously and almost scared. they had now dug a feet and the hand was visible, the rest still buried in the snow. every person working there was now scared, of what? they didn't know. but they were scared, and still they continued to dig, faster than before, and with every inch the fear only grew.