FIRST CONTACT (PART-2)

Rhyan scout ship

This was a first contact scenario for humans, and they had no idea whether the people they had just saved were from one species or was it a combination of many different species from different planets and civilizations. But this was just a doubt that a quick and swift scan of the ship has revealed to be false........ for now.
Technologically humans were obviously at an advantage, the ship had already been scanned, hacked and been thoroughly inspected from the data collected by the flies during rescue. It looked like humans aboard the scout ship were far older than the entire civilization of this species. Velthunians they called themselves, with berry blue skin, entire black eyes and..... Pointy ears?
"They are like..... .. Dark elves, from norse mythology, right? ", someone remarked from among the crew. " And they are so similar to us", David sighed, almost in disappointment. "You'd think a few billion years could create something more exciting, other than the same bipedal species" David said while going through the data.
Captain Tris was thinking really hard about the next step. It is a crucial moment in the history of humanity, a slip up would mean potential enemies. And right now, with the given situation of the universe, that would be very fatal.
" We have finally found a new species, a new civilization and potential allies and friends, and you are whining about their looks. David, could it be that you have finally lost your mind? " Captain Tris said, not asking but as if stating a fact.
"We have to think of a way to approach them, we could use a nano apparition system but we don't want to scare them away". Captain Tris thought aloud, twisting his brain for ideas.
" Captain, how about we send them a message in their language, instead of appearing in front of them, in their own ship, unannounced? " Lex the second in command suggested. After a  few seconds captain nodded, "yes, that would be better, we have their language anyway". With a nod, she approved," Start recording".
"I hope they reply fast", captain thought as she recorded the message, and with a gesture of her hand, sent it, "we don't have much time to spare".

Arixium

" Greetings Velthunians ", this word sent a chill up the spines of the crew. It didn't sound threatening, instead the voice was soothing, melodic and if genders were somehow similar, it belonged to a female no doubt. Some unknown, and probably very advanced species knew their language, this was disturbing. What else they knew? Did they knew about the military strength, about their culture, about their population, about their expansion, about their technological development? There were many questions, most important one of course was, if they were peaceful or not.
The crew held their breath for whatever was to come, they waited patiently for the message to continue.
"Greetings Velthunians, I am Tris lica, captain of the ship that you see before you. Our species is known as the humans. Let me be the first to say on behalf of the human race. we are grateful to have found you. Although I do hope we could have met under better circumstances. During the rescue, we noticed, your ship has taken great damage. If we can be of any help please let us know. We would like to arrange for a meeting at your earliest convenience. We sincerely hope for peace and in future, friendship among us both species.......We are waiting for your reply".
The message abruptly ended, leaving the velthunians in an awkward silence. "So...... The species is known as humans, they are offering help, hoping for peace and are waiting for a reply", zover concluded the entire massage in barely four sentences. " And they are not good at composing massages", mohion also added.
"How about you show us your skills of composing massages right now?" Captain kurin said almost teasing, and given the situation, he ended up sounding like a manic, "we have to reply anyway, let's see you do better at contacting an entirely unknown species".
" Isn't that your job? " Mohion was quick to reply. As much as he wanted to show off his skills, which he mastered as an advisor. Now was not the time to test it.
"Thought as much", captain kurin smiled and started working on his reply. He better make it quick and impressive, for he got a hint of hurry from the abrupt message that humans had sent. " Better not delay", thought kurin and got to work.

...................................................

Hi guys, sorry for the abrupt ending, I will upload new chapter soon. Until then enjoy and please advice and comment. Waiting for your unique views and point outs.
And as always happy reading. ☺☺