RESCUE

Mohion was excited, he had given up on exploring or even the idea of it. It was not that he was getting old or anything like that, it was just that he had become content with his situation.
And unexpectedly a way had open up in front of him. When the president asked him about this mission, he had become speechless and happy and shocked at the same time.
"I need a person who I can trust to make rational and compliant decisions in my place,if the situation demands it. I trust the crew, the people but still I need a good advisor at the side of the captain and also you will make for a fine diplomat in a first contact situation."
While the president described her reasons, Mohion's heart was fluttering just by the thought of exploration and he agreed nodding his head furiously. And just like that he was now on a ship, and not just exploring but about to make history, well if everything went according to plan.
But he soon found out that chances of everything going right were slightly slim.
Arixium made it out of Velthuna, and out of the solar system smoothly. After going a bit more far, it felt like they were going to make it to the revelation point safely and ahead of schedule, given the current condition of the ship and an overly enthusiastic crew.
Captain kurin was having the time of his life, he was obviously excited like everyone else but he was just waiting to reach to the point. If they found a species, a sentient species then he was going to be known as the Velthunian who led his people,or more like his crew to a first contact.
In all of their excitement or perhaps by a foul luck they seem to have caught on, no one noticed a whole asteroid belt, in which the ship suddenly hurled.
"How did that happen? Can someone get us out of here?" Captain Kurin asked, trying to keep himself calm.
"It just appeared out of nowhere". Zover, as his name suggested in Velthunian culture," The handler of all", was trying to get the ship out of the belt, and nearly failing. It was as if  someone or something deliberately put the belt there, as if to stop or most likely destroy the ship.
A small asteroid made it's way into the ship's engine and tore through it clearly, coming out the other side. The whole crew was now shockingly quiet from the sudden change of atmosphere and hanging on for their dear life.
A distress signal was sent immediately. They were hoping for a rescue, when they all knew that all the fleets and extra ships were circling the Velthuna system for the safety of the planet and species. And with the distance covered, In their hearts they knew rescue was impossible, even if a ship did made it to them by some miracle, with the current technology, it was hopeless. This asteroid belt was going to be their tomb and they knew it.
The ship was constantly being rammed by asteroids, just a few more minutes and they were going to be history, and not the kind of history they were hoping for.

Rhyan scout ship

"Where is this coming from? Track it, quickly", Captain tris said. The signal was on loop and although the language could not be understood, it was clear from the hurried tone that, whoever sent this was in distress hence it was clearly a distress signal.
Being far more technologically advanced from the species that they were going to scout and eventually greet, they arrived at a much more speed, safely and just at the right time.
After spotting the asteroid belt, a quick scan revealed the ship and it's condition.
"All right people, we have a rescue on our hands, send the flies and pick it up".
As the captain ordered two marble sized orbs launched from the scout ship and made their way to the Arixium. One orb placed itself on top of the ship and the second one below, A purple and golden light engulfed the Arixium and with a blink, the rather beaten up Arixium was hovering safely outside of the asteroid belt and in front of the invisible Rhyan scout ship.
And now they waited for the word from the base and a ping grabbed the crews attention.
After a while and slowly, the scout ship appeared in front of the Arixium.
"Now, first contact", captain nodded toward David, " Get ready".
And the beings on both ships held their breath.

...............................................................

Hi guys, I will update more chapters very soon. Please share any advice and views, that you may have. I am trying to improve my writing and any comment and advice is very helpful.
And like always happy reading.☺☺