CHAPTER 7- THE SEARCH

After the discovery of "Hope", a new hope was found in the hearts of Velthunians. The planet was fortified and kept under constant care and watch. researchers and scientists were working continuously in the hopes of finding a clue or something that could lead to more planets like this and maybe to the species itself. 

In the midst of this discovery, the darkness was creeping in faster then ever. ever since Velthunians set foot in the space, it was already dark. but now it was as if it was getting darker then ever. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

few dim blue lights twinkled on the surface below, the snow storm was getting fiercer then ever. wind whirled around clutching on the clothes and hair of velthunians. shivering and shaking, they still worked. Mohion sighed heavily, mist forming in front of him, and turned away from the window. even though his office was equipped with a heater, cold still found a way to creep in. he  sat on the chair with a thump, leaned back and rubbed his temple. 

Mohion had always wanted to be an explorer, to roam around freely looking for new things. but instead he ended up becoming an advisor. how the hell had it happened he still had hard time processing. and it irritated him ,"you don't always get what you want anyway", he thought smiling sadly. and sat straight, put his hands on the table on front of him and looked intently at the floating holographic image of the statue.

taking a deep breath, he pushed a button on the right hand side of the table and waited, rather impatiently. his secretary walked in and handed him a file, flashing a friendly smile. Mohion took the file and returned her smile with kindness. she was beautiful, but Mohion was much more handsome, and he knew it. still he never took advantage of it, but treated everyone with kindness and respect that they deserved. 

he flipped through the contents of the file and made his way towards the presidential office. as he got closer to the office, he could already hear the shouts coming from inside. he knew this was bound to happen, after all no matter what the case, politics was politics. he opened the door and got in. a large round table was placed in the middle of the room, with blue lights illuminating . president was sitting in the center, with scientists and fleet personal on one side and military officers and political advisors on the other. Mohion took in the noisy environment of the room and quickly made his way to sit by the right side of the president.

"Enough" president Digria shouted, and took control of the room. "We have a great opportunity in front of us, we have found something that our ancestors only dreamt of. whatever civilization was on that planet is long gone, but their mark still lives". she gestured with her hand and a holograph emerged on the table. "look at it" she glanced around the officials "and tell me that this kind of finding is worth loosing on debates and endless politics".

"I agree, that this is great indeed" a military officer cleared his throat "but, this is just it, buildings and statues. however magnificent and bright they may be, this is it. we have no clue as to how to find other planets like this one or how to make contact with any kind of people that lived there". he released his breath and sat back on the chair.

"Actually" president gestured toward a scientist who placed a box on the table "we may have a way".  

the scientist pressed a concealed button on top of the box. and box slowly opened, brightening  the room with a warm golden glow. everyone including the president stood up and leaned in to take a good look at object. it was a shiny rectangular object with a small bright red circular button in the middle.

"What..what is it?" Mohion asked gaping widely at the object. "it seems to be some kind of emergency communication device" president closed her mouth and regaining her composure asked everyone to take their seats calmly and motioned for the scientist to continue.

"we found this in one of the buildings on the planet, buried deep in the snow. we believe it to be some kind of signal or something to alert or communicate, or probably to activate something." president noticed the distress on the scientist's face. "but we don't know, what pressing it will do." the scientist looked around the room and added hesitantly, "it might activate something that we can not control, it might destroy the planet if we think about it or on the positive side, it may reveal something of the civilization or it may just contact them". she finished, surprisingly in a bright tone.

the president looked at everyone in the room and stood up, "it may be nothing or it may be our salvation" she inhaled deeply "either way, with this we know where to start" releasing the breathe she added, " with this, we can finally and properly begin our search".