AND AWAY WE GO

Velthuna

After a long and tiring debate, Arixium along with it's crew was chosen to go to the "revelation point" as now that was what people were calling the destination. The president trusted the crew and her people, but still she wanted more closure on the situation, and as a result Mohion was tagging along as well with the Arixium, but only as a diplomatic figure of course. This decision was supported by everyone, after all chances of contact with a alien species were higher then ever.

After two weeks all the preparations were finally ready and Arixium was leaving the Velthuna system, on a quest to something greater, or so they thought.

Epagus star system

"All right, we are here, but what the hell is wrong with the universe"? David half shouted and half complained. Captain Tris was worriedly looking at the data on the holo screen. 

As soon as the scout crew of the Rhyan base was woken up, they had gotten to work. after finding out the location of the beacon, they had decided to go to the Epagus star system, where the map of the beacon pointed. The species that had activated the beacon was sentience was clear from the scanning data sent back by the beacon.

The scout ship of Rhyan was going to get to the location and wait for six months for any kind of contact with the new species. it would be a shame to say that they were excited, for the excitement word could not possibly comprehend their feeling. A contact with a new species, friends in this vast universe, was the only thing that humanity craved. and finally they could see a glimpse of that dream coming into reality.

But, what they had not been expecting was the mess that the universe was in or more like humans were in. When the humanity decided to go to sleep, they had left behind a bright and ever expanding universe, hoping to be teeming with life by the time the humanity woke up again. But, instead a nightmare was in front of them. 

When the scout ship of the Rhyan started analyzing of the data stored from the billions of years that they had slept. A shocking discovery shook the crew to the core. The universe, once so bright and full of promises, had gotten dull and not just dull but to the horror of all, had stopped expanding?

"wait, is this right? are you sure there is no flaw in the system or something wrong with the data"? Captain asked hoping this problem to be just a glitch in the system or any kind of mistake. "no captain, this data is absolutely correct, I have checked it at least three times myself". The analytic said, with a troubled expression. "and we all know there can not be any flaw in the system, after all, we have all seen the familiar star systems, galaxies that once glimmered like jewels, are barely.....  flickering". 

Captain took a determined breath and made a decision, "well then, it's about time that humanity woke up". 

"Send this data back to Rhyan base with a command to action, wake everyone up, and set course for this planet". Captain zoomed in on Velthuna, "we have no time to loose, we can not wait for them to come to us". with a flick of the hand the ship started and the course for the alien species' planet was set. "we have to go them". 

a neon purple light swirled around the shining gold scout ship and with a blink of an eye the ship disappeared. and instead of a planet, the first contact was going to be a rescue mission, this became clear when the ship picked up what felt like a distress signal coming from a ship, on the same course, where the humans were headed.

..............................................................................................................

Hey  guys, so here's the update, I know it's  been a long time since i last updated but you know, life gets in the way.

But anyway, let me know what you think and  as always, i promise i will try to update more quickly. have a good read😊😊.