2

September 7, 2020
7:28 am, Seoul High School

After a long weekend filled with sorrow, Kimberly walks through the main doors of her school, whispers reaching her ears.

"Isn't that the friend of the one that killed herself?"
"It is!" A pair gossiped.

"I bet that she was the one that made her kill herself. Did you hear that her boyfriend used to be hers!"
"REALLY?!" A different person exclaimed.
"What if SHE pushed her off?!"
"Oh my god, what if she did!"
"I don't think so, people saw her arrive minutes after it happened."

This type of "whispers" filled the hall loud enough for Kimberly to hear. Normally, she would have gone up to each and every one of them but she kept her head down instead, ignoring them, and kept walking. She kept her thoughts to herself while walking up until she accidentally bumped into someone. Min Mihi, the girl people at school called "queen of the school." Kimberly ignores her and continues walking when she is pulled by her hair.

"Yah aren't you even gonna apologize?" Mihi asks annoyed.

"Let. My. Hair. Go." Kimberly patiently states, waiting for her to do so.

"Oh, aren't you that girl? The friend of the one that killed herself?" She replies laughing which makes her friends follow.

"Let me go and shut the fuck up if you don't want your plastic nose to get broken," Kimberly says with gritted teeth after she crossed her patience limit.

"I heard her boyfriend used to be yours and you stopped talking to her because of that so she decided to kill herself. That coward. WAIT WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" Mihi says pulling her hair even harder.

"You asked for it," Kimberly says and gets Mihi's grip off her hair and afterward kicks her nose. Then she says, "You may not know this, but just so that you start thinking twice on who you pick on next time, I'm a black belt in Taekwondo." Kimberly remarks with a smirk and continues to walk to her homeroom leaving Mihi whining. She feels really proud after that and thought about how she should talk about the previous event to Jiwon, but just seconds later, her smile fades away recalling what had just happened yesterday.

She finally reached her class and sat down at her desk. She looks at the desk next to it; Jiwon's. It is 100% percent true that they did every single thing together, not even an exaggeration.

All her classmates start whispering just like back in the hallways. Kimberly felt sad, tired, and frustrated already, and the day had just begun. She put her head down on the desk with her arms folded against her face and starts to cry silently. A while after the bell rings, she swiftly wipes her tears away and sits up.

Her teacher comes in at 8 am with a sad face and starts to talk: "As you all may or may not be aware, yesterday after school hours, we lost a classmate. Let's have a moment of silence." Their teacher Mrs. Kim says and puts her head down and others follow. Kimberly did the same but at the tip of her eye, she could see 2 girls laughing while bowing their heads. She knew about them. They were Kwon Hyubi and So Ara, two of the girls who bullied Jiwon. The third bully was suddenly transferred to another school during the weekend.

"Is this funny to you?" Kimberly screams in rage, jerking off of her seat.

"Kimberly, please sit back down." Mrs. Kim says.

"Teacher can't you see Hyubi and Ara laughing?! You probably didn't know but those bitches bullied Jiwon since middle school!" She screams crying in rage.

The two girls put on an act and say that Kimberly is crazy and that they would never do that to a classmate. The worst part was that Mrs. Kim believed them. Kimberly grabs her backpack and hurries out of the classroom. Their teacher decides to not try to approach her since she knew about Jiwon and her relationship.