29

September 22, 2020
7:13 pm, Seoul National Police Station

Kimberly's head still rested on Jay's shoulder. The nervousness was still lingering around and for that reason, she felt a little nauseous. She had gotten some medicine from the station's nurse so she was feeling better than before. They were also holding hands, waiting for Jungwon to come out of the interrogation room so that it would then be Kimberly's turn and lastly Jay's. What Jungwon was mostly interrogated for was the time that he had spent kidnapped. Though the people were already behind bars, the more damage court knew they did the more time they would be needing to search.

"Lee Kimberly, please come in," a female police officer says peaking her head out of the door Jungwon was in.

She took a deep breath, gave Jay a glance who gave her an assuring small smile before walking towards the woman. When she went back inside and was away from the door, Jungwon came out and she went in. Fiddling with her fingers, she walks to the table where there were 2 chairs on one side and only one on the other. She took the one unoccupied chair, glancing at the woman and man in front of her.

"Hello I am officer Jeon and this is officer Kim. We will be interrogating you on the case of the death of 17-year-old Yang Jiwon," the male says with a warm bunny smile. The girl slightly nods, the officer taking it as a confirmation to start. "Who were you to Yang Jiwon?"

"I am her best friend, since kindergarten."

"Where were you at the time of her death?"

"I was at home, getting ready for my work shift."

"Did you have any contact with her that day?"

"Of course, at school and also... that day she called me," she answers with a voice crack. "I- I couldn't answer the call and she kept calling but I still didn't answer," a tear spills from her eye. "As soon as I was ready I answered and she hurried me to go to the school's rooftop, and I did but... but it was too late."

"How did you know that this was actually not suicide?"

"Because she is my best friend and I know her. She wasn't one to give up, leaving everyone behind so I knew better than believing what everyone thought and began to look for evidence myself."

"How did you find the human trafficking building?"

She clears her throat, "To find out whether it was really a murder or not, I- we went over Jiwon's phone where we found a picture of the building. We also found out she was being blackmailed into paying so that Jungwon wouldn't be hurt there."

"How do you know Kim Hyunwoo?"

"He is my ex and he was Jiwon's boyfriend."

"How did you know he was the one to push her off?"

"We were led to meet one of Jiwon's bullies. She saw as he went up the stairs of the rooftop and she saw his silhouette from the school's parking lot."

"Thank you Lee Kimberly, we appreciate your honest responses which will help for investigation." The woman says, standing up and heading towards the door.

"You know you are one strong kid," the male officer tells her with another warm smile. She slightly smiles back with a bow before heading outside. Jay was there at the door after being called out. They slightly held hands before she went out and he went in.

He sits at the chair where Kimberly previously sat, waiting for the officers to start. "I am officer Jeon and this is officer Kim. We will be interrogating you, Park Jongseong, regarding on the case of the murderer of 17-year-old Yang Jiwon." He firmly nods as a sign to start.

~15 minutes later~

Jay walks out of the room after being askes some questions. He gave both Jungwon and Kimberly a small smile as he walks to them. "How'd it go?" Kimberly asks, slightly less pale than before.

"Good. I said the truth so there is nothing to worry about. They said that after filling some documents we could leave. Also, since I am over 18 they don't have to call any parents even if I'm not you guardian," he explains, "Let's fill out the papers so we can go home."

Home. He had just called the small apartment that they live in, temporarily, home. He recognized that after they had begun walking to the desk where they would receive the paperwork they had to fill out. It felt so natural and so right when those words come out of his mouth when in the last years of his life, he had found it so hard to call anyplace home. Maybe it was because his dad wasn't there anymore, maybe because of all the pressure he received when he was "home" but now that seemed like wasn't happening anymore. He felt relief to know his moms would still be in a trip for another month. Though, he wasn't ready to go back to the big house with his moms. He wasn't ready to let go of the two people that he had finally let in his bubble after so many years, Sunghoon being the last one when they were 10. 

But maybe he didn't have to. Anyway, he was already 18, a high school senior. Someone that had two dreams; to pursue his music dreams and to belong somewhere and maybe, just maybe with the two people that were currently next to him he had completed his second dream. 

He finally felt really cared for. Maybe even loved. 

He knew that he in fact cared for the two younger and the love part was getting there. He was beginning to love Jungwon as a cute younger brother and Kimberly romantically. Honestly, he always wanted this. He wanted to be loved, cared for, and happy.