11

Kimberly clears her throat, "Wouldn't your moms be there?" She asks, looking down, suddenly a little flustered.

"Just come with me," Jay answers blankly after a few seconds, standing up from his seat not sparing the younger even a small glance. Kimberly frustratingly sighs before complying. 

They walk for around 10 minutes before getting to a bus station, they take the bus, and 10 minutes later get off, they walk for another 5 minutes before finally getting to an apartment complex. Not a single word was exchanged along the way. 

Jay simply continues to walk ahead, entering the building and taking the elevator in which he presses floor 9, not even waiting for Kimberly though she thankfully manages by herself, being able to get in before the doors close. She looks at Jay only to roll her eyes knowing that he wasn't even gonna say sorry. He was just spacing off while looking at the metal doors, most presumably thinking. As soon as the door opens, they begin to walk again, taking a left turn, then going straight, and afterward taking a right to be faced with room 18. Jay takes out a key from his pocket, leaving Kimberly in confusion but then again she remembered that they would be going to his house. 'Maybe his moms aren't home?' 

The boy went in first, going into one of the rooms leaving the door open for the girl to go inside as well, which she did, later closing the door behind her. When she stepped in, she noticed how clean and unused the house looked, it also looked pretty small for it to be a family house. From what she could see the house had 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, a living room, and a kitchen; a normal apartment that students usually use in college with a roommate. 

Because of all her curiosities Kimberly finally decided to break the silence, "So is this where you live?" She asks when the boy was spotted coming out of one of the bedrooms with a laptop in his hand.

As he opens the computer he answers, "No, this house is rented by my moms under my name. They think that I should have a space to go to when I don't feel like studying at home or the library." He shrugs, looking at the computer while the younger was left with her mouth agape.

"Rich people..." She mumbles under her breath, making sure Jay doesn't hear it. Now that her question has been answered, she makes her way to sit next to the boy sitting in one of the living room sofas in front of the massive TV. 'What I would give to live in an apartment like this,' she says in her mind letting out a sigh.

"What are you sighing about?" Jongseong asks, finally glancing at her. She quickly shakes her head, dismissing him from asking other things, looking at the computer's screen. 

He inserts the USB into the designated place in his laptop, waiting a couple of seconds before a file appears. He presses on it and it opens up 3 different folders. The three different ones were under the names conversations, pictures, and apps. 

 "What do you wanna check out first?" Jay asks.

"The pictures, we'll probably get past that folder the fastest," she replies in which he nods his head while pressing on the folder. There were 307 photos deleted, but most of them only looked like pictures of Kimberly and Jiwon having fun though they were not so appealing. Kimberly blushed in embarrassment looking at the pictures resulting in quickly taking Jay's computer from his lap. "Is it fine if I look through them alone?" She asks. Jay only hums, standing up from the couch and walking towards the kitchen. She lets out a sigh of relief before starting to go through the pictures one by one.

A slight smile is drawn on her face when she presses the first picture; it was of their first-ever visit to an amusement park after they had both been paid from their first part-time job which they joined together. The picture was taken by a stranger who offered to take the picture. They were jumping in the picture but it was them barely off the ground which is probably why it had been deleted. 

As she kept going through the pictures a single tear dropped down her cheek with a sad smile still on her face as she reminisced the old memories. Soon the pictures turned from being of the two to a new addition; Hyunwoo. 

She kept going slowly as she took in every picture. Soon the picture of a very familiar building shows up on the screen making her eyes widen with shock. "Jay! Come!" 

Soon the boy walked in, "What's up?" he asks calmly.

Kimberly pointed at the screen, "Look at this picture."

After some time of processing the picture he finally spoke, "Isn't that the building where the guy tried to drag you in?" 

"Exactly. Why does Jiwon have a picture of it?" She asks curiously while squinting her eyebrows. "I knew there was something about that building..." She mutters to herself. She stands up from her seat making her way to the front door.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"I need to know what's in that building," She replies while putting her shoes on.

"You do remember that it is raining, right?"

"I'll buy an umbrella." She nonchalantly responds.

"I'm not letting you go," Jay says while making his way towards her. She ignores him whilst opening the door, taking a step out. "So stubborn..." He says under his breath, shaking his head. 

He stops her by holding onto his wrist making her look at him with teary eyes. "Kimberly I swear we'll go tomorrow but right now it is insanely dangerous. Look at the rain." He explains, pointing towards one of the windows displaying the heavy drops of water coming from the sky. After some thinking, she sighs, nodding, and goes back inside the house with her head down.

"Fine." 

They walk to the couch, sitting down once again with the computer in front of them on the coffee table. "Are you hungry?" Jay suddenly asks, breaking the silence. Kimberly only nods in response. "I'll cook something for us. You can keep looking through the files if you want."

"I don't think I can," she says, voice cracking. Jay sighs, sitting back down next to her only to comfortingly pat her back, making her break into tears.

"She's gone," she says between sobs.

"I'm here for you. I'll help. We won't stop until we find every secret. I promise."

A/N: I really wanna apologize to everyone that has been waiting for updates. Since I am currently on summer break I've been spending time with my family plus for the last two weeks, I had zero inspiration and ideas for this story. So I hope that you forgive me. 

Hopefully normal updates every Thursday and Friday every week from now on.

Again, I apologize for the inactivity.

Like always Stay safe, healthy, and happy!