Dear Jiwon, VII

September 21, 2020

Dear Jiwon,

Tomorrow I will make sure to get the truth directly from Hyunwoo's mouth. I didn't want to believe it at first but now it males so much sense. He was the only one besides me and the bullies to know where you would be and I believe that the other three didn't do it, they wouldn't scoop THAT low. We met Soomin, or Eunbyeol, who actually knew all this time who exactly did it and that it was not suicide. We previously also met Dongmyeong and there was also your real boyfriend, Dongju. I could tell how affected and sad he still was because of your departure. He looked like a great guy unlike Hyunwoo. I wish I could've got to know him while you were here...

Now, let's move on before I begin to cry. I'm currently sitting on the bed in my room in Jay's apartment at 11:53 pm after finishing my homework. If I could I would squeal and scream and jump but because your brother and Jay are sleeping in the room in front of mine, I can't.

Today, I accidentally confessed I like Jay to him. Surprise. But maybe it's not a surprise to you since you always knew everything I wanted to say without having to say it as if you could read my mind.

He didn't use a long ass speech to say it back but I don't need that because I felt that I knew everything that he wanted to say by just looking into his eyes which seemed to sparkle ten times more than the stars that were above us that I just wanted to keep staring into them. I always wanted that, to look at someone romantically and just know, know how they feel, what they want to say, and what they're thinking. I was beyond happy when he asked, "do you wanna date me?" It was so simple but that's all I needed not some cliche event or a long ass paragraph. It was beyond enough. Us two under the moonlight with the stars as the only witnesses of our confessions. "The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" I had such an urge to ask but I held back, I should wait.

Geez, I've become a cringy "romantic" without you. But maybe I'm fine with that. Maybe I'm starting to accept that you aren't here for me anymore... maybe I'm starting to feel happiness again.