7

September 10, 2020
9:22 pm, Abandoned building

After Kimberly finished working she debated in her head whether to go meet Jay while walking. At the end of her debate she looked at her surroundings and she had accidentally ended up in front of the building. She quickly made her way up the stairs, she slowly opened the door to the rooftop where she could spot Jay focusing looking at the view in front with airpods on, probably listening to music. She decided to do something that might get her killed.

She slowly and quietly made her way towards Jay who still hadn't noticed her presence. Once she reached him she screamed "Boo!" startling Jay which made his reflexes come out. He quickly turned around with his leg extended making the girl fall down. Once on the ground, Jay put her hands up with his and his face hovered over hers.

"What the fuck Jay?! I was just playing around!" She screams and then groans at the pain she felt from the fall.

"Well maybe you shouldn't have surprised me." He said, removing his hands moving to sit down on the floor.

"You do know I know taekwondo right?" Kimberly informs while struggling to sit up. Jay just shrugs at her in response. "Next time I'll definitely kick your ass. Now what do you want?" She asks.

"You know how you have the theory that Jiwon, your friend, was murdered?" She nods her head confused. "Well, don't you want to find who killed her?"

"Of course I do!" Kimberly screams.

"Then, I'll help you." He says calmly.

"And why are you helping me?" She asks once again confused by his actions.

"Because I have nothing else to do." he shrugs hiding the fact that it somehow hurt him seeing the younger girl so sad earlier. In response  Kimberly looks at him with a 'yeah sure' face. "Fine, because I also don't think she voluntarily jumped off. Plus you're too stupid to do it alone."

"Gosh you can't be nice in one conversation can you?" Kimberly asks, irritated by his words.

"Whatever. Now, you probably know your friends' phone passcode right?"

"Of course I do." Kimberly replies.

"And where is the phone?"

"Um, I left it at home." She says then forms a straight line with her lips.

"You see why I call an idiot and stupid?"

"Well, I didn't know you wanted to talk about Jiwon. I'll take it to school tomorrow." She informs him.

"Okay from today on, we'll meet at the school rooftop during lunch and sometimes meet here after school," Jay says and Kimberly nods, agreeing.

After some minutes of silence, "Anyway, you said that you got in a fight with your mom and stepmom what happened."

"They haven't talked to me all day. I'm okay with that though. It's either that or getting locked in my room until the semester ends." Jay shrugs.

"I wish my dad ignored me." Kimberly whispered and unintentionally Jay heard.

"I saw the bruise on your cheek, are you okay?" Jay asked in concern.

"Of course I am, this is nothing." Kimberly replied with a slight smile thankful that at least someone noticed. After some time of talking Kimberly looked at her watch, "Wow, time flies it's almost 11 I better get going." Kimberly says standing up." Jay nods and stands up as well.

"How far do you live?"

"Only 15 minutes away walking." Kimberly responds.

"I'll take you. I have my car today."

"It's o-"

"I won't take no this time it's too late for you to be walking by yourself alone. Let's go." He says walking out the door and Kimberly follows hoping her dad would not be home.

When he pulled up in front of the apartment complex she lives in they both spot a man and woman laughing, walking toward one of the apartments.

"Dad..." Kimberly says quietly, which makes Jay turn to look at her. Her eyes were filled with hatred and anger but also with sadness. Jay quickly notices the situation so he reaches out his hand and hovers it in front of her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Jay asks worriedly still with his hand in front of her eyes.

Kimberly nods her head slowly hoping that Jay would believe her but of course, he didn't. "I'll get going now." Kimberly informs then brings Jay's hand down from her face.

She was about to step off the expensive car but Jay grabbed her wrist stopping her from doing so. "Are you sure? Will you be okay?"

Kimberly nods with a slight smile, "If he notices I'm not home I might not be able to go to school tomorrow."

"Is there a window in your room?" Jay asks Kimberly, who afterwards forms a confused expression on her face but either way she answers in a nod. "Can you climb in from there?"

"I guess I can try thanks for the help." she says finally getting out of the car. Instead of driving away, Jay remained there looking out ensuring that Kimberly successfully and safely goes into her home. Once she does he finally drives off to his house.

Once at home Jay goes into his room, takes a showers then starts to walk back and forth nervously and worriedly. He kept on thinking about her and if everything went alright. He finally sits on his bed and scoffs, "why do I even care?" He asks himself in a whisper, he shrugs. He lays fully on his bed then covers himself with a thin blanket. He closes his eyes with the intention of finally sleeping but there was something still bothering him. "Ugh I'll just text her." he says sitting up then grabs his phone.

11:56 pm~Jay: yah you didn't get caught right?

11:58 pm~Kimberly: yah! I was sleepingggg.
of course, i didn't thankfully he is too concentrated
on what's happening outside
I don't know how I never thought about using the window

11:57 pm~because you're an idiot well
at least you weren't caught

Good night then

11:57~u are seriously so irritating!
night.
Oh wait i already put her phone in my backpack
see not so dumb now right??!

11:58 pm~good. i still think you're dumb tho

11:58~whatever annoying brat night

11:58~goodbye idiot

11:58~What-Everrr

They both unconsciously form a big smile on their faces at their messages. Finally, they were able to peacefully sleep knowing the other is okay.