19

September 16, 2020
11:57 pm, Park Mansion

Kimberly laid tiredly on the living room couch since all of the rooms were already full. She was thinking. Thinking of what has happened in the last 24 hours. Thinking back on how they had just saved 33 people from danger. She was proud she could say. Yes, it wasn't the end but more like the start to ending the suffering the people there were going through. She was also thinking about what the older, Lee Heesung, had told her earlier. How did the boss know her name? She knew that Jiwon was associated with the people there because she was paying to get Jungwon out but the latter had already stated that they did everything to keep Kimberly out of this. So how did he know of her?

"What are you doing here?" A male's voice says a couple of feet away from where she laid.

She quickly recognizes the voice so she responds, not looking up, "All of the rooms are full."

He hums.

"What about you, what are you doing here Jay?" She asks back.

"Just going for a glass of water," he answers, walking away. A few seconds later, he comes back with a glass in his hand. 

Upon feeling the presence, Kimberly finally sits up with a groan, "Aren't you leaving? I can't sleep with your gaze on me. It's annoying."

Jay ignores her words, puts his glass down on the coffee table, and walks closer to her, her putting a confused expression on her face but before she can do anything she is lifted by the older. "What the fuck are you doing Jay?!" She whisper yells, aware of the sleeping bodies upstairs.

"The couch is uncomfortable." He simply states, continuing to walk towards his room unfazed by how much the girl in his arms is moving.

When he arrives at his room, he lays the girl down on the bed before going to the other side and doing the same, not sparing a glance to the younger, turning the opposite direction to her who only rolls her eyes though her cheeks were beet red and the feeling in her stomach could not just be ignored. She turns her back facing his as she decides to finally drift off to sleep.

September 17, 2020
9:03 am

"HYUNGGGG," a whiny voice screams from behind the closed door. 

Jay groans at the sound but nevertheless opens his eyes. He looks to his side, seeing the still asleep girl makes a small smile get drawn to his lips before he gets his glasses from the nightstand next to him, wearing them, then getting out of bed. He opens the door and as expected the one behind it was the one and only Yang Jungwon. "What's up?"

"Have you seen Kimberly?" He asks worriedly. In response, Jay opens the door slightly where the younger can spot the unconscious body on the giant bed. He makes an 'oh' with his mouth and a complex facial expression. "Hyung should I make breakfast for everyone?" He asks diverting his gaze back to the other.

"Um sure. Come on I'll help you," Jay says getting out of the room, closing the door carefully, letting the younger girl sleep some more.

They make their way down. When they get there they were surprised to see many people already up, some of them wearing some of Jay's old clothes which he doesn't wear anymore. He curtly bows to everyone that bows to him politely while making his way to the kitchen just behind Jungwon. When they get there they were again surprised by the incredible smell that quickly made its way to their noises.

Two boys were there, making huge amounts of scrambled eggs and bacon at a time. When they felt their presence they both turn to them, "I hope you don't mind us using your kitchen." The taller one says with a guilty smile.

"No of course not. I think we established yesterday that you were allowed to do what you please," Jay answers with a small smile.

They both nod with bright smiles, "I'm Sim Jaeyun but call me Jake and this is Choi Yeonjun. It's nice to meet you Jay-ssi." The one with a puppy smile says, bowing.

"Same here," he simply answers. 

After a while of conversing while the two were cooking Jay had learned that this was the Jake Jungwon had mentioned and that he is planning on staying in Korea but will no longer search for his birth parents after all the thinking, he had done bored at the hell they were trapped in. Plus, as soon as he called his adoptive parents they bought a plane ticket to Korea as soon as possible. As for Yeonjun, he has already contacted his parents who began to cry as soon as they heard and recognized his voice so he will go back to them before continuing to live his life- that he still doesn't know how he'll do if he'll be going to college, or maybe continuing his dancing dream.

Then Kimberly came down after making herself look a bit presentable. The five of them began to distribute the food plated that the two had prepared with the help of Choi Hyunsuk and two other guys named Park Jihoon and Choi Soobin. 

When the clock stroke 11, Jay gathered everyone in the living room with the help of some of the boys he had been talking to, "Right now, I would like a couple of people to volunteer on going to file a report at Seoul's police station. Nobody is forced to go but I want to remind you guys that this is for the justice of you and everyone else who might've gone through what you guys went through."

Everyone was looking down with tears in their eyes as they thought of what to do.

"I'm going," Kang Taehyun says, looking back up with teary but determined eyes.

"Same here," the young Japanese boy Watanabe Haruto spoke confidently.

"We have to do this. For ourselves," Shin Ryujin spoke, the first female to do so. 

After that, many of them did. A total of 17/33. Them being the 3 already stated along with Choi Soobin, Park Jeongwoo, Choi Hyunsuk, Park Jihoon, Sim Jaeyun, Lee Heeseung, Kim Sunoo, Hwang Yeji, Lee Chae Ryeong, Yu Jimin, Kim Minjeong, Choi Jisu, So Junghwan, and Hamada Asahi. As for the others, their decision was respected as they all know and understand their horror and fear.

Jay quickly contracted a couple of vans to fit all seventeen of them plus himself and Jungwon who insisted on testifying as well. Kimberly stayed behind, attending to the rest of the guys and girls that stayed behind. They all had nervous looks on their faces so Kimberly approached them one by one assuring them that everything will be okay and they just had to trust them.

"What's your name?" Kimberly asks as she sits beside the timid boy who was sitting on the couch biting his nails.

"Ni- Niki." He simply answers.

"Can you try looking at me?" She asks softly. He slowly raises his head slowly, only to bring it back down. "It's okay you don't have to. Don't pressure yourself. Okay?"

He nods.

"Can I put my hand on your back?" He hesitantly nods. She carefully reaches her hand and places it there. He slightly flinches but then feels safe at the warm feeling. "Everything will be okay." She repeats as she soothingly rubs her hand on his back and that's when he bursts into tears. He couldn't believe that phrase a year before, but now he can, probably all 33 and 34 counting Jungwon can.

He buries himself in the girl's embrace with his head on her chest suddenly. She was caught off guard, tensing up at what suddenly happened but then relaxed continuing what she was doing in order to comfort the younger. 

"Thank you." He sobs out.

A/N: ya'll might've noticed but the 2 other boy groups are TREASURE and TXT.  My ENHYPEN bias is actually Niki so I wanted to put a moment yk hehe. I hope that you enjoyed this chapter.

Like always stay safe, healthy, and happy.