25

September 21, 2020
3:38 pm, Gangnam( Kim Eunbyeol's place )

Parking outside the huge mansion the trio felt nervous. Contrary to the last time they visited a place where they would get clues for Jiwon's death this time it felt different. It felt like they would finally get what they wanted. An answer. They had to wait for hours since school ends at 3 before they finally got out of Jay's car after making sure the girl was home.

As soon as they reached the front door, Kimberly gave a nod to each of the boys as confirmation for her to ring the doorbell. When they return it, she did it. With a heavy feeling on her chest, she pressed the button. "Kim residence, how may I help you?" A young female voice, probably in their mid-twenties spoke through the monitor.

Kimberly looked straight into the camera with a smile hiding so much that was very well hidden, "Hello, we are Eunbyeol's classmates. We had agreed on working on our science project today."

After a while, the door was opened by assumingly the person that had spoken. A pretty, young lady with a maid uniform. She bows to the three before leading them to the girl's room. When they got to the door, she bows once again after knocking on the door and leaves. The door then soon opes to reveal an annoyed-looking Eunbyeol with the uniform of her new school on later replacing her expression with a shocked look. 'What the fuck are Lee Kimberly, Park Jay, and Yang Jungwon doing in my house?!' She thought.

"Lee Kimberly, what are you doing here?" She finally settles to ask after composing herself with a nonchalant attitude.

"Let us into your room first. What we want to talk about I'm sure you don't want anyone else to hear," she states coldly, looking straight through her soul, intimidating the other though she does not let it show.

She decides to do as the other had instructed, opening the door wider to let the three in. "Who is he?" She asks pointing at the unknown boy even though she could already guess by the huge resemblance he had.

"I'm Jungwon. Yang Jungwon."

Of course, she already knew that. He looks exactly like he did back in kindergarten and elementary school. Even though Kimberly had never noticed, the twins, Kimberly, and she attended the same kindergarten and elementary school. But back then, she was a nobody so of course, they hadn't noticed it when the three girls reunited in high school.

"Wha- what did you guys want?" She asks, cursing at herself for stuttering.

"First of all, we've talked to So Ara and Kwon Hyunbi and we found out that the day Jiwon died, you stayed with her alone at the rooftop. We want to know what happened that day. Secondly, it is really suspicious how you transferred out of school out of nowhere and we won't accept an 'I just wanted to' as an answer. We want answers, and we want them to be real," Jay says using the same intimidating tone he used a while ago.

"I don't know what you're saying."

"KIM EUNBYEOL!" Kimberly suddenly screams in rage, "We know that something happened that day, and you not admitting to it is just making you look so much more suspicious. Just answer the damn question. What happened the day Yang Jiwon died?"

Silence.

After several seconds, with a heavy sigh she begins, "That day I stayed with Jiwon just to confront her and explain to her why I did what I did. I was just jealous that's why I bullied her. I explained to her that. I was jealous because she took you away from me back in kindergarten school." She looks up, looking right at the other girl's eyes with tears in her own. "You don't even remember, we were too young but we used to be close. My name used to be Kim Soomin, does it ring a bell?"

"Yes, it does... we were together for the first couple of weeks, with Jiwon together. But then-"

"But then you guys just totally neglected me. We were both young, but it still hurt. It hurt to be alone. 

She looks down, "That's what I said to Jiwon. I apologized to her too, barely realizing how immature I was to be a bully in high school and after that, I left. That's all that happened that day at the rooftop." She stops for a second but opens her mouth again, her eyes letting a tear escape her left eye, "I was waiting for my chauffeur when I saw it, I saw how her body dropped from the top all the way to the bottom. I- I saw the silhouette of the person who pushed her off. I- I knew it wasn't suicide but I was too afraid to say anything. After calling the police, I just ran away. I couldn't deal with it, with the guilt of knowing the truth so I transferred out of the school." She looks up, straight into Kimberly's eyes, "I know who did it," She whispers.

~Flashback~

After the other two girls were done with hitting, kicking, and insulting the girl curled up on the floor, So Ara was the first to speak, "We should get going now." She then began to walk off with Hyunbi behind.

"I'll stay here, I need to talk to her," she responds with a blank face.

They both hum, "See you Monday," Hyunbi says before they both left.

"Sit up," she instructs the sobbing girl, which she does too afraid to disobey. "You don't remember me right?" She asks.

The scared girl shakes her head.

"Kim Soomin? Remember her?" Remembering that name made Eunbyeol tear up, she left that name behind as soon as she entered middle school. Leaving behind the loser she used to be.

"Y- yes. I- I do." She then has the courage to look up, "Is- is that y- you?"

She hums, "I am... You know... you were one of the reasons I left that name behind. Lee Kimberly also was. The stupid crush I had on your twin was too." She explains, "The sole reason I stayed here was to apologize. For being immature... Now that I'm here I can't believe I bullied you for something that happened when we were only 5 years old." She sighs, "But when I saw how beautiful your friendship with Kimberly was when seeing you guys again here, I couldn't help but be jealous. That could have been the three of us... It was out of nowhere when you guys left me behind and of course, I was hurt, even 5-year-olds are hurt of being left alone.

"I want you to know that I am actually sorry for what I've done," she says, now full-on crying. "I'm so sorry for your suffering. The suffering I have barely realized I caused. I'm sorry."

"I- I- I am sorry too. We really didn't mean it... I can imagine you also suffered because of what we did," She says lowly. "But we can be friends now... If that's what you'd like?"

The other looks up and gives her a small nod. Eunbyeol takes out a paper and pen, writes down her number, and hands it to her, "Let's hang out soon... Also, I heard when Jungwon went missing. I hope he's still alive and healthy somewhere."

"He is," she accidentally blurts out, "What I mean is that I hope he is too."

"I'm leaving now." She says, wiping her tears away and she left.

On the way down, encountering a boy who she had seen before. Always by the side of Kimberly and Jiwon. Kim Hyunwoo.

A/N: My brain is fried and nonfunctioning.

But anyways, surprise? Who expected that?