17

September 16, 2020
1:37 pm, Jay's apartment

The two high school students escaped school to complete their mission. Sure, they could have just not gone to school, but Jay gave up since Kimberly made strong arguments as to why they should attend school even if it was half the day.

They were now at Jay's apartment, greeted by a very nervous-looking Jungwon. "Jungwon, we can do it. Let's believe in ourselves." Kimberly says comfortingly. He only nods as he continues to add sleeping pills into a variety of water bottles on the kitchen counter.

She sighs at his unconvincing nod before walking off to see what Jay was up to, spotting him getting out of his room with a fresh set of clothes. He was simply wearing dark blue jeans and a black shirt, on the bottom of a denim jacket but woah how can someone look that good? "Are you ready to go?" Jay asks.

Kimberly stops daydreaming and slightly nods at his question, "Jungwon is almost done preparing the water bottles. We should leave in 15." She states, before walking off with a blank face not waiting for his answer.

She sighs as she enters the room she sleeps in, placing her right hand on the left part of her chest letting out a deep breath. She sat on the bed, taking out her phone, scrolling through her social media when she receives a message from Hyunwoo.

1:48 pm~Hyunwoo: Are you up for a hangout?

1:49 pm~Kim: I'm sorry. I'm kinda busy. Raincheck?

1:49 pm~Hyunwoo: I guess.

She furrows her eyebrows. Hyunwoo's way of texting seems unusual but maybe he was just tired? She shrugs off the thought, heading out of the room. She sits on the couch, taking some nervous deep breaths. The nervousness is now sinking in.

What if they get caught? What if they can't get someone out? What if someone gets killed along the way? What if-

"Kim, we're gonna be fine. Everything is gonna be fine," Jungwon assures, cutting off her thoughts, putting his own fears aside for some time.

"But- but we could get hurt or even worst, we could di-."

Jungwon hugs her, "Don't say that. Stop thinking of that. We'll be fine. I know it." He tries to reassure the shaken girl but sadly, his words still didn't convenience her. But in return, she still nods. They break the hug when Jay enters the room.

"You guys ready to go?" He asks calmly. He was probably the most stable of them, though he had to do the hardest part of their "mission".

The two younger people nod their heads, standing up, and following the older one out the door.

They soon arrive in front of the creepy-looking building. It was 2 o'clock and now they just had to wait. They decide to wait at the alley next to the building. All of them were quiet, definitely a nervous silence surrounding them. Kimberly sits at a random box she had moved from near the dumpster from the alley, looking down at her lap while shaking her left leg up and down continuously. But she stops when a hand places its hand on her leg making her lookup to find Jay with a blank face. He nods his head to the entrance of the alley where a man in uniform was walking by. Understanding, she nervously but firmly nods to him. 

She makes her way up to the man who was now right in front of the building, unlocking the lock, "Excuse me!" She exclaims catching the man's attention.

"Yes?" He asks with a smirk, eyeing the girl whilst stopping his actions.

She puts on a fake sweet smile, "I was wondering if you knew is there was a hotel or motel nearby? You see, I'm from Busan and I kinda just left without thinking." She says while scratching the nape of her head.

The man made his way closer to her while she endured the strong gaze he was giving her, it was obvious he wanted to do something to her.  He puts an arm around her waist and asks, "How about you come here inside with me and-," he was soon cut off by a strong hit on the head making the girl sigh in relief.

"Fucking pervert," Jay says, kicking the body slightly. "You okay?" He asks looking at her with a worried gaze making her blush and nod. 

Jungwon clears his throat entering the conversation, "Jay-Hyung, you ready?"

The other looks at him in the eyes while nodding. He puts the unconscious body behind his back, caring it back to the alleyway. 

Kimberly stays at the entrance watching if anyone comes by while Jay and the man switch clothes, Jungwon assisting Jay. Once he is all ready to go, they walk towards Kimberly. "I'm ready." He confidently states. In one of his hands are the keys to the building and fake staff ID they got made a day ago while the other hand carried a bag full of spiked water bottles.

As soon as he is about to walk off, Kimberly holds his wrist, stopping him from walking, "P- please be careful." She was able to stutter out.

He nods his head, "I will." He answers, looking at her in the eyes. She lets go with a nod, keeping eye contact. 

He walks off, leaving the two youngsters there. Once in front of the door, he unlocks the door easily with the key and walks inside. By now, it is 2:40 so he still has to wait but he decides to head up to the higher floor. First, he arrives at the floor on which Jungwon had stayed. The little amount of things that were there were all scattered, obviously, someone had thrown a tantrum. He continues to walk up and to the third floor, there the floor was filled with 21 boys, Jay had counted, all sitting uncomfortably on the floor with ripped clothes, bruises, pale faces, and worst teary eyes. He also sees the four guards in the room, two diagonally from each other while the other two were walking around. 

Suddenly, he makes eye contact with one of them making the man raise an eyebrow, "Who the fuck are you?"  

A/N: I was gonna make the whole "escape" into a chapter but I think that it will be a little too long I do. I promise to have the second part either by tomorrow or at least Saturday!

Like always stay safe, healthy, and happy!!

EDIT: So I just finished basically the first week of school (without counting the 2 days last week) and for some reason, I am super exhausted I hope yall can forgive me I promise Chapter 18 tomorrow!