16

September 14, 2020
4:17 pm, Apartment

As soon as they arrive there, they call out for Jungwon who appears out of the kitchen, informing them that he had attempted to make a meal making both of them smile. Though, one of them was still thinking of the conversation they had back at the car;

~

"Do you still love him?" Jay asks as he starts driving again when the light had turned back to green,

"I love him. I love him a lot." She says, making a pain he had never felt go across his chest. "But not romantically anymore. I think I'm falling for someone else." She explains with a straight face. "All I thought when we found him was about hugging him, telling him how much I missed him but as a friend. I missed the supportive person he was, my taekwondo partner instead of thinking how much I missed the heart flutters he made me feel."

~

'I think I'm falling for someone else.' That sentence kept on repeating on Jay's mind as he follows the younger two into the kitchen. 

4:45 pm

The party of three went together to drop off the girl at her part-time job and the two males decided to go back so that Jay could tutor Jungwon. The younger male had come to the decision of getting his GED when everything was over; getting his friends out and finding his sister's murderer.

"We'll be waiting 15 minutes before your shift is over," Jay says before she gets out of the car.

"Stay safe," Jungwon says as a goodbye with a smile. Kimberly nods, opening the door of the car before stepping out and getting into the fast-food place. 

"Hello," she bows to her co-workers with respect as she enters the staff room where other staff was in, changing in to or out of their uniforms.

"Hey, Kim," Hani says, walking into the room ready in her uniform.

"Hey, unnie," she greets back with a small smile, buttoning up her uniform shirt.

Hani slightly widens her eyes, surprised to see the younger girl smile even a little, "I guess you're getting better?" 

"I- I guess," she shrugs.

"I saw you come out of a car with two guys. I guess they're doing the work?" She asks with a teasing smirk.

She rolls her eyes, "Whatever you're thinking no, just no. But yes I could say they are helping me, they're great friends."

"Sure, just friends. The guy driving."

A blush grew on her cheeks, but her face stays straight, "What about him?" 

She starts to walk closer with a smirk, "Nothing. Well, we should get to work!"

8:43 pm

As the boys said, they were outside of the restaurant in the car Jay sitting on the driver's seat while Jungwon sat next to him. Jay was on his phone while the younger next to him was spacing off looking at the steering wheel. The older took a glance at him, noticing where his eyes were he asks, "What are you thinking?"

He snaps out of his thoughts shaking his head, "Jay-ssi later on can you teach me how to drive?" He enthusiastically asks with a bright smile making his dimples show.

Jay slightly smiles, "Sure. How about we start right now?" Maybe it's because Jay always wanted a younger brother (not counting Sunghoon since they are basically the same age) or because Jungwon is literally the cutest boy that he has ever seen that something makes him adore him so much. "And you know you can call me Jay-Hyung if want to."

"Okay, Jay-Hyung," he replies, the same smile drawn on his face before Jay starts to explain how to start the car.

A couple of minutes later they were both all giggly. 'Maybe this is how it feels to have a brother.' Jay thought admiring Jungwon's smiley face. Happy. That's how they both felt at this moment something they hadn't felt in so long. 

"I'm here," Kimberly announces as she goes inside the car. The corners of her mouth going up she asks, "Why are you guys so giggly?"

"Nothing, Jay-Hyung was teaching me how to drive," Jungwon replies as Jay starts the car.

~

The three young adults were all washed up and ready to sleep by 9:45 pm but before they did, they gather in the living room to talk more about their plan.

"We call the police on them." Jay starts since it's what makes the most sense.

"You know the justice system nowadays is wretched who knows if they just pay to be let go plus get the people back in their hands," Kimberly says.  

"But if we just help the victims out then the criminals will just get away and will be able to kidnap more people." The oldest states.

Jungwon opens his eyes wide, his face bright as if a lightbulb had just turned on in his head, "We can take them out and then go to the police. There are more than 30 victims, the words of those people should be enough evidence. If so many people spread out the same story then that should be enough for the court to detain the perpetrators be taken to jail with the public knowing what was actually done wrong so the court can't get paid out of it. Of course, if they don't want a bunch of attention and backlash." He explains.

"That's a great idea Wonie!" She explains, extending her arm in the arm for a high-five, the other accepting it.

"Okay so this is the plan in two days at 2:45 we will be there at the building. We will knock out one of the changing guards and take his uniform so that Jay pretends to be one of them on the second floor. He will give the other guards on that floor water which will contain sleeping pills. As soon as they're out you'll text us and we'll quietly guide the victims out. When they're all safely out you'll go to the third floor and do the same to the other guards be like, 'I'm new, I hope we can be close.' Make sure that they drink the water before going down, wait a couple of minutes, check if they're unconscious, and call me up as we guide them down while Jungwon takes care of the others. Keep in mind we only have 25 minutes to get everyone to safety." Kimberly explains thoroughly.

The two boys nod as they thought that the plan could work, "Sound like a plan."