3

September 7, 2020
9:00 am, Seoul High School Infirmary

Mr. Min and Kimberly both turn to look at who's voice had spoken.

"Oh Jay are you sure?" He asks unsure if he had heard right and then turns to Kimberly, "This is Park Jongseong or Jay, he's the one that brought you here." He says.

Kimberly slightly nods and turns to the guy to say thank you. "Thank you for bringing me here and for the offer." She then turns to the nurse, "Mr. Min I can really go home by myself. Look." She then starts walking towards the door but she tripped on her way.

"Yeah I can see that." Mr. Min says sarcastically.

"I'm fine Mr. Min, really, I can go alone." She pleads stubbornly.

"Okay you can go alone. Please take care of yourself." The school nurse says giving up.

"I'll take care, thank you Mr. Min and Jake?"

"JA-Y."

"Sorry, thank you Jay, for bringing me here." Kimberly says bowing slightly before walking out the room.

Kimberly starts to walk towards the front office and hands them her slip saying that she has permission to leave. She walks out the door and debates whether she should go home or wander around. Basically, get beaten or get bored. She obviously chose the less painful choice. She turns in the opposite direction from her house and starts walking with her sore ankle which hurts more by the minute. After some minutes of walking, she spots a sketchy building that told her that something was in there. She felt something she was missing was there. She thought for a few minutes if she should go in.

'I have nothing to lose anymore,' she thought and took a step forward. Before she could take another step, someone grabs her wrist.

"Hello lady, wanna come in?" A strange man asked her.

She shakes her head and tries to take the grip off but it was not as easy as when she did it with Mihi. "What are you doing?!" Is heard from a couple of steps away.

"None of your business, get going before you also have to go in there." Kimberly turns to see who the man was talking to and is surprised to see Jay's face once again. She took the chance since the man was now distracted. She quickly took his hand off her wrist then kicked his stomach then his face with her non-injured leg.

Jay's jaw fell to the ground but quickly unfreezes and carries Kimberly once again to run faster. Once far enough, he let Kimberly down and started to breathe heavily, exhausted. "Thank you again," Kimberly tells Jay.

"I knew you wouldn't be okay by yourself," Jay says unemotionally.

"Whatever," Kimberly says and tries to walk away.

"Where are you going?"

"Dude, mind your own business."

"I'll take you home, come on," Jay says.

"I barely know you, how do I know you're not like that creep?"

"What the fuck? So helping you twice doesn't convince you from the opposite? Come on just walk, I'll just walk behind you so nothing like that happens again." Jay says now with a little concern.

"I don't wanna go home okay?!" Kimberly screams at him, losing her patience. She starts to walk away not caring about what Jay does anymore. "It's not like I care if I die," She says unintentionally loud enough for Jay to hear.

Jay knew something wasn't right at her home so he stayed quiet. He stays still for a while then slowly starts to follow Kimberly only to make sure she stays safe. After 6 hours of walking around Kimberly finally went home so Jay finally left.

Kimberly opens her home door and sighs in relief that her father was not there. She goes to her room and changes into her work uniform. Even if she was not feeling okay (both physically and mentally), she decided she had to go for the money that her father will never provide.

"Good afternoon." Kimberly greets when she enters the fast-food restaurant she works at. What her colleagues found unusual was that she wasn't smiling like usual and they also wondered where she had been the days before.

A good peer, who she could say she was close to, approached her. "Kim, are you okay?" She asks sympathetically.

"Hani Unnie." She bursts out crying, without taking her eyes off the young college student in front of her.

"It's okay, it's okay. Slow down, tell me, what's the matter?" They are now in the staff room where no one else was in.

"Remember Jiwon?"

"Of course I do, your best friend. Why? What happened?"

"She-she fell from our school's rooftop. People say she jumped off. Suicide." Kimberly explains with her voice cracking and she cries even harder while Kim Hani made a shocked face not believing or more like not wanting to believe what she had just heard. "Unnie this is a dream, right? She can't leave she promised please unnie tell me this is a dream. I need her." She desperately says to her coworker. Hani only embraced the younger girl while soothingly patting her back, not sure how she could comfort her after that loss. Hani knew exactly how close they were.

Jiwon would come to the restaurant every time Kimberly had a shift and wait for her to leave together after work. She would always fall asleep at the restaurant because she was tired, but didn't want to leave Kimberly alone.

Once Kimberly calms down, both she and Hani go back to work. Since Kimberly was injured, she was only on register duty.

At 9 pm, she heads home. Hani offered to walk her home but Kimberly refused since they were close but not close enough for Hani to know about her abusive father. She entered her home, but like always, it was completely empty which she was glad about. She goes to her room, takes a quick shower, puts on her pajamas, and lays on her bed. She stares at her roof and thinks about the events that happened earlier.

She was still thinking about that building. She had a bad feeling, but she also felt that something important was there. 'I'll definitely go back there.' She thought before closing her eyes.