26

September 21, 2020
3:53 pm, Gangnam( Kim Eunbyeol's place )

"No way it was Kim Hyunwoo," Kimberly says determinedly. 

"I am 100% sure that it was Kim Hyunwoo. I saw him going up the stairs and he was wearing a red school basketball team jersey. I know what I saw," Eunbyeol retorts confidently.

"Kimberly, it makes sense. We've been told that Hyunwoo used to hit her and that they were fake dating. It honestly makes sense that he would've done it," Jungwon explains. "This," he says taking the ring he had from the inside of his pant's back pocket, "I found it at the rooftop earlier, it was just by the edge. It could have slipped from the killer's hand when they pushed Jiwon off. Have you ever seen this?" He asks the girl.

She stares at the item for a while before sighing, "It- it's a couple's ring I had with Hyunwoo when we dated." She replies looking down. "I guess we really can never truly know who people are."

"Then there's your answer. That should be enough evidence pointing it's him," Eunbyeol says.

"I- I can't believe it... That bastard," the other girl in the room sighs. She then looks up, making eye contact with Eunbyeol, "We'll be leaving now, thank you for telling us what you know and... Since Jiwon wanted to try being your friend... let's give it a try?" She asks her, receiving a soft smile and nod from the other.

After giving Eunbyeol her number, the trio leaves, being escorted by one of the house's maids.

"Kimberly, can you text Hyunwoo asking for a meetup?" Jay asks, looking through the rear mirror of the car to look at the girl. Kimberly nods, still in disbelief at the news that someone she trusted might've killed her best friend who was also her boyfriend- fake- but you get my point.

"Where should I ask him to meet up?"

"Let's think... A place quiet, where you could freely talk to him but we can also be close, also somewhere where he would not suspect anything," Jay says thinking out loud, his hands on the steering wheel though the car was off. "Is he familiar with Let Me In café?"

She nods, "It was our usual hangout spot."

"Good. Means he would not suspect it... I will rent the place for 2 hours. Ask to meet him at 6 pm tomorrow," he explains. "Can you take the day off tomorrow"

Kimberly nods, taking out her phone doing what she was asked then putting it away again, "I can take the day. Let's get going now I still have work and homework to finish."

With a nod, the oldest starts the car and drives off towards his apartment.

 9:03 pm

"I'll get going now unnie. See you the day after tomorrow," Kimberly says, waving at Hani who does it as well. 

When she gets out, she begins to walk towards the direction of the building Jay had introduced her to. She just wanted some time to think and see the stars from high up. She takes out her phone, knowing that she should inform Jay and Jungwon she would be taking some time to get to the apartment. In the middle of the text, she hears footsteps from behind making her have goosebumps all around her body. Instead of continuing the text, she presses the call button on Jay's contact.

On the first ring, he answers, "Where the fuck are you, Lee Kimberly?! Why-"

"Jay," she interrupts in a terrified tone.

"What's going on Kimberly?" He asks with a softened voice.

"I think I'm being followed again," she answers with a shaky voice.

"Okay, calm down and tell me where you are."

"I'm 4 blocks away from the building you brought me to."

"Okay, I'm nearby, just hang on."

"Please hurry," she answers on the verge of tears.

"I will."

"Can- can we stay on the call?"

"Yes, just talk normally to me, forget what's happening."

"Where's Wonie?" She asks first, still terrified.

"He fell asleep while studying so I didn't bring him with me."

"Did you lock everything?"

"Yes, I also texted him and left a note next to him telling him to stay there and if there's a knock to not open because I have a key."

"Good... Are you almost here?"

After some seconds he responds, "Look to your left."

As soon as she did, she practically ran over to him, startling the other with a tight hug, "Thank god you're here now," she mumbles into his chest. "Where's your car?" She asks as she pulls away.

"I left it a couple of blocks away," he answers.

"Is he there?" She asks, too scared to look back.

"Kimberly, that's not the old man, it's Hyunwoo," he whispers after subtly glancing at the person who was "hiding" from them.

She widens her eyes, "I- I can't believe it's actually him," she mutters dully.

Jay, noticing her behavior, changes the topic, "Now, why the fuck did you leave alone? You know that I would pick you up."

She looks down, "I just wanted some time to think and I thought 'where would be best?' and then the building came into my mind. You know I love that place. You can see a really beautiful view of Seoul, and you can see so many stars, oh and also-" she pauses, "I'm rambling."

"Since you want to go there so much, let's go," he says, holding her hand subconsciously.

They first go to his car which was not so far away and then drove the both of them to the abandoned building. When they get there, Jay opens the door for her making her blush then holds her hand again and leads them to the top. When they get there, they sit down on the floor letting go of each other's hands making them miss the warmth right away. They both stay quiet since Kimberly had said she wanted to think Jay thought it would be best to stay quiet for a while until she broke the silence.

"Th- the time we um kissed... Ugh, this is embarrassing," she says putting her head on both of her palms.

"You can say it. I promise not to laugh and be honest," he states, encouraging her.

"That time... did you feel anything?... I- I'm not saying you should or that I myself did it's really just a random question that has been popping up I have no fucking idea why it just does and I think that I really need an answer but- but I really don't know why I've just been wondering ugh maybe it's because I like you wait what the fuck did I just-"

She got cut off, guess by what?

Jay's lips were against her own. Her eyes were widened for 2 seconds before she closes them and she melts into the kiss which became passionate once she did. Their lips molding together and moving in synch. They cherished the moment before having to pull away since they are normal humans that need air to live.

With his right hand cupping her right cheek he spoke, "I actually... like you too for some time." Kimberly blushes at the sentence he had just said. "Since we like each other... do you wanna date me?"

"Y- yes," she answers quickly but nervously.

With the answer, Jay locks their lips once again, smiling into the kiss. 

A/N: Well that happened- 

I feel like in this chapter we got to see a new side of Kimberly?

hehe anyway, I think that there will be up to chapter 30 with 2 other letters for Jiwon. Ahh it's almost finished my goal is to finish by next Friday but we'll see.

Okay, which story would you like to read between mafia Sunghoon and tsundere Sunghoon??

Please choose in the comments 🥺

Like always be healthy, safe, and happy!!