27

September 22, 2020
5:18 pm, Let Me In Cafe

The trio sat down at one of the cafe's tables as they wait for the arrival of Kim Hyunwoo. There were still some people sitting a couple of tables away from them since Jay had payed for the place to be empty from 5:45 to 7:45. They were discussing on how they should approach the situation and what would be the best way to do so. Kimberly just wanted to straight out confront him, Jay wanted it to be done subtly while Jungwon wanted to deceive the boy a little before starting to get the truth out of him; revenge is what the younger boy wanted.

"You know what Kim, you will be the one taking the biggest risk and actually having the conversation with him so just decide what you want, do what you are comfortable with," Jungwon says with a warm smile, beside him Jay nods approvingly.

"Honestly, I'm nervous I don't even know if I'll be able to talk then," she answers with a nervous chuckle.

"You'll be fine," Jay assures, extending his arm to hold her hand from across the table.

At the action, Jungwon playfully gags at them. They haven't told him that they were dating but he got the hint. He might have been away from society but still remembers how a person that likes or loves the other looks at them, just like Kimberly and him used to look at each other... but he was now over that and only saw Kimberly as a sister and best friend and he looks at Jay as a respectable older brother so he's obviously happy for them.

Kimberly jokingly rolls her eyes at his action, "When you get yourself a girl, or boy, you'll be just the same and I'll right there to gag everytime you're sweet, just remember that."

He scoffs, "It won't happen soon," he says sticking out his tongue at her.

"You say that like it's something to be proud of," she mumbles.

"No, what I'm proud of is knowing that I am not ready to date yet. But anyway let's stop talking about that and talk about the present and what will go on. What's the final plan?"

"My plan is to wait until that moment and see what comes out," she shrugs, "If I plan anything I know my mind will go blank and forget everything.

"Okay then," Jay says, "As for us two, we will be behind the kitchen door listening to everything that's happening. I bought these mics," he says, taking out small, barely visible black balls. "We'll tape them to the table you'll be using to record the conversation."

She sighs, "Okay and now we have to wait..."

5:53 pm

The cafe was now empty, not even the staff were there anymore just like Jay had requested for the sum of money that he payed. Thank the large allowance he got from all three of his parents for the last couple of years--rich kid things--that he was able to get the owners to agree on letting him rent the place for a couple of hours. Expensive but worth it.

As the two stood behind the kitchen doors, hearing through headphone what was happening Jay began thinking from since he agreed to help Kimberly why he was doing this, he got nothing out of it after all. Maybe it was the sense of injustice it gave for a murderer to get away, maybe it was truly that he had nothing better to do, it was either this or study. Maybe it was because for the first time in his life he wanted adventure, to go against his mothers. Or maybe... it was just that he had already unknowingly become attached to Kimberly since back then and didn't want to see her sad that he decided to tell her he was gonna help her.

Now here he is, next to a boy he had become extremely fond of who he would have never known if it weren't for what he had decided. With an amazing girlfriend who was even more brave than him, he'll admit, who always seemed tough but could actually easily tell how soft she was.

"Hyung!" Jungwon screams, getting the older out of his daze.

"What's up Won?" He asks as if nothing had happened.

"Hyung, that was the hundredth time I called your name. What were you thinking?"

"Nothing... Just everything," he replies, chuckling softly. "What happened anyway?"

"Kim Hyunwoo is here."

A/N: I'm sorry for the extremely short chapter(300 words less than usual 😫) but I think that's how it'll be the last couple of chapter. Please hang on for a little while more, this story is almost ending!! Also, I already have some stories plotted out so look out for those!

Also, ENGENES ARE WE EVEN ALIVE ANYMORE?! Scylla version just wow LONG HAIRED NIKI IS THE END OF MEEEE and ALL OF THE MEMBERS JUST LOOKED AMAZINGGG(nothing new).

I saw the pictures for the first time during my school lunch and was ranting out to two of my friends- neither of them Kpop stans- but I just couldn't keep it in and literally wanted to screammm. I still showed them the pics and one of them really liked Heeseung- I really feel like he looks AMAZING in the pics, he really stood out to me this time- hehe. Okay that's enough. Let's look forward to the other two versions ENGENE!!

Like always, be safe, healthy, and happy!!