「 two 」

— ♡︎ —

for u , part two . . .
Ni-ki pressed his body against the cold chainlink fence, putting his left foot up to observe his vans. It was much too early to be waiting for the bus but it was better to be early than late. For the past few days, he'd been waking up late and often didn't make it in time to get on the bus he usually rode to school. But after constant nags from his older sister and mother, he was here, bright and early. Well, maybe not necessarily bright.

"Ni-ki?" A very familiar voice called, their feet making a detour and stopping in front of the tall Japanese male. His head shot up and there stood Sunoo with a little grin, staring up at him. Ni-ki just laughed and waved before sticking his tongue out at the older. "Hello, shorty!" The younger reached over and messed up his freshly styled hair, earning a smack to his hand. "Keep your hands off idiot" The glare from those beautiful brown eyes was well known to Ni-ki and he had no other reaction than a little chuckle before looking back at the road.

"Are you obsessed with me or something? Yesterday you rode the bus with me and today you're riding the bus with me to school." Ni-ki stated with a cocky tone, eyebrow raised when Sunoo's head whipped back to look at him. "Excuse me! YOU were the one who decided to go home with ME. YOU were the one who stole my items and I had to pay for YOUR bus fee" Sunoo began before continuing to rant. "And this morning?! I always come at this time!! You must be trying to hit on me or something. FYI, not going to work" He said sassily before tossing his imaginary long hair over his shoulder. "Pfft, like anyone would want to hit on you" Sunoo brought Ni-ki down by a tug of his collar before he flicked his forehead, Ni-ki massaging the spot right after.

"My family keeps nagging me about being late to school and missing the bus. Told me that I need to come earlier or they'll lock me in my room as soon as I finish school and not allow me to go to dance practice" Sunoo laughed and nodded. They went silent as Sunoo went to stand beside him. It went without saying that they always bickered and irritated each other, called each other names, and teased endlessly but it also went without saying that they were quite close. Mainly because they found themselves in situations where they were too tired to even care that they were supposed to hate each other. In a way, they were frenemies you could say?

— ♡︎ —

"Holy crap, what's got you in a cranky mood this morning?" Jungwon asked concerned. He immediately noticed the wrinkles on Sunoo's forehead and the obvious irritated expression on his face. There was also something about his body language that showed he wasn't in a good mood. "Because of SOMEBODY" He groaned and moved his eyes to look at the male who was talking with Jay across the hallway. Jungwon didn't even need to look to know it was Ni-ki, placing both hands at his shoulder, massaging them. "You guys are the representation of a cat and a dog" Jungwon joked only to see the older's expression harden.

"Nevermind, nevermind. Let's just go to class" Jungwon panicked before dragging him along and up the stairs, towards the older's homeroom. They often wished they were the same age so they could have the same or similar classes but of course, it's not something you can just change. "Please stay with me until the bell rings~" Sunoo pleaded with his hands together. He looked up at Jungwon with puppy eyes, forming a little pout on his lips. "I'm sorry hyung. I have to do something for my teacher this morning" Jungwon apologized and quickly exited, rushing to his homeroom before Sunoo could catch up.

The older whined and rested his head on his desk, blocking the morning sunshine from his eyes. His seat was right beside the window and he never regretted it more as the year went on and the sun began to shine more aggressively through those windows. Sunoo knew those in his class well enough to say he knew who and who not to get involved with but it didn't mean he had friends. The only person with who he was familiar was Jay, who he'd often talk with because they had many classes together.

"Good morning" Jay greeted, taking the seat in front of the black-haired male. Sunoo looked up and flashed a small smile to Jay before waving. "Good morning~" He was a very cheerful person but today, his attitude reflects everything that happened this morning. "Oh, hello shorty!" Ni-ki exclaimed and messed up the older's hair again, taking the seat beside him. "What are you doing here...?" Sunoo mumbled and hid his face in his arms, continuing to block out his surroundings. "Don't worry I'm not here for you, you ain't that special. I'm here to hang out with Jay" "Then leave me alone" His voice was muffled but Ni-ki just scoffed and talked with Jay.

"Why can't you guys get along?" Jay asked, going to remove his books from his backpack. There was a bit of silence before the duo sent daggers toward each other, if looks could kill they definitely could murder each other with their eyes. "I just don't like him" Sunoo stated and crossed his arms. "Me either, he's just too bright and bubbly in my opinion" Ni-ki complained, making funny faces towards the smaller male. Sunoo rolled his eyes and leaned back in his seat. "Ditto, who'd want to be around a jerk like you" Sunoo complained back, sending a disgusted expression to him.

"Okay okay calm down. You guys are confusing" Jay mumbled the last part but they could hear him very well. "What do you mean?" Sunoo asked, placing his hands nicely on his desk. He fixed his messed-up hair for the second time this morning, side-eyeing the person who caused both of those problems. "Your whole friendship contradicts itself. One moment I see you guys close and joking around and in the next you guys look like you're going to murder each other" Jay explained, looking back at the two. He only earned an eye roll and a glare.

Ugh, they're weird.

. . .

3 / 13 / 21
14 : 31

Their friendship reminds me a lot of my friend and I haha. Hope you guys liked it! It's very enjoyable to write the parts where they bicker, it makes me smile :P
- JAE -