「 twenty 」

— ♡︎ —

for u , part twenty . . .
Sunoo rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms in the air. The credits rolled, the various names of people who contributed to the movie went by quickly as people filed back out of the room quickly. It brightened in the room, lights filling up the darkness that came upon them when the credits began. Ni-ki looked over at the older, stretching his arms out.

"So, how was the movie?" He asked, immediately taking Sunoo's hand in his own making him blush again. "It was really funny, better than I expected" The older answered back, taking a short glance at the other. "What about you?" Sunoo questioned. Ni-ki looked up at the ceiling before locking eyes with Sunoo. "I was too busy looking at you to even know what's going on" Ni-ki joked. It was nice to know that they could joke like this without it being awkward.

"Psh yeah, yeah. Stop being cheesy~" The older whispered and put a finger on Ni-ki's chest, giving him a soft slap on his upper arm. "In all seriousness, it was really good," It was around 4 pm already. There was a rush of teenagers that passed by the theater door before quickly coming back to enter. It was beginning to clear up and it wasn't nearly as busy as it was when the first arrived at the theater. "So hyung, how about a meal?" Ni-ki took a second to stop at one of the benches outside of the theater. It was only 4 but the clouds in the sky provided no help in keeping the day alight, very clear it would most likely rain later on in the evening,

"At 4 pm?" Sunoo laughed and pointed at the street clock, earning a soft chuckle from Ni-ki. "I don't want this to be over yet. How about we get something... sweet?" He suggested. The expression on the older's face brightens as he took both of Ni-ki's hands in his own with a little jump. "Ice cream, I hope you mean?" They exchanged no further words and continued towards the ice cream shop. And at their arrival, they couldn't help but stand and stare for a little. This was where they were beginning to get along, this was where Ni-ki was beginning to show kinder actions towards Sunoo.

"Let me guess... Mint chocolate?" Ni-ki stated with a grin. "Of course~" The younger walked up to the lady behind the counter, Sunoo deciding he would stand on the side and watch from afar. It was a little busy in the shop so, it'd be better to stay out of the way. A little kid was standing beside him with an ice cream cone in his hand and the biggest smile ever. There was a little backpack over his shoulder and he took a short glance towards Sunoo. He waved and took a big bite of the ice cream cone, smiling down at it before giving a little thumbs up to Sunoo. He didn't know if he hated children or not but he couldn't lie, this child was great. So great, he felt himself smiling back and offering a thumbs-up back.

"Here you are," Ni-ki said and showed off the two ice cream cones in his hands, holding up one towards him. "Thank you" With that, they were out of the shop quickly. The sky seemed to have darkened even more in 10 minutes they spent in the ice cream shop. Dark clouds were beginning to dominate the once bright blue sky, it would rain soon. They had to be sure to be careful.

"How about we eat it over there?" Sunoo asked and pointed towards the big tree at the center of the mall. It was so dark that they already could begin to turn the lights on so fairy lights decorated the tree beautifully. They decided to take a rest on the little stone wall surrounding the tree, legs hanging down from the slightly tall height. "Mmm, mint choco is always good" Sunoo stated. "Mhm"

"So, you didn't tell us about the dance competition. How did it go?" Sunoo asked. It was true, it had been a little more than a week already yet he hadn't heard any news on if they had won or not. "Well, we won... obviously!" Ni-ki shrugged and took a little lick of the chocolate ice cream on his ice cream cone. Sunoo's eyes widened as he looked at the younger with shock evident in his eyes. "Why didn't you tell us!? We could've celebrated a long time ago" He whined. Why did they? It was a big accomplishment so Sunoo didn't quite understand.

"I'm a bit sad we weren't there now" Sunoo sighed and looked down at his little feet. Because of the height of the stone wall, even with how tall they were, their legs still hung and hovered above the floor. "Hey, it's alright. Jay told me that you and Jungwon were studying and had your own things to do, it's alright" Ni-ki said with a soft tone, eyes fixated on the male who seemed to be going blue. He looked back up at the taller, watching a reassuring smile appear on Ni-ki's lips. "How about we finish up here and I'll walk you home?" "Of course." Ni-ki sighed. "Now then, I hope you like sharing," Ni-ki said and quickly went to eat some of Sunoo's ice cream. "NI-KI!"

— ♡︎ —

Sunoo laughed and ran after Ni-ki who was speed walking ahead of him. The walk from where they began to his house was quite a big distance so Ni-ki joked and sped ahead of him. It was dark out already and the streetlights were the only source of light as the moon was blocked behind clouds.

"Slow down! Shouldn't we be dragging this part out, I don't wanna go home yet" Sunoo yelled, reached out both of his hands to grasp onto the material of Ni-ki's sweater. "Yeah, just wanted to see you run after me~" Ni-ki laughed and pat the older's head. "Hm?" Ni-ki hummed and held out his hand for Sunoo to hold, the older immediately interlocking their fingers.

The two walked down the sidewalk at a slow pace, their interlocked arms swinging back and forth to match the rhythm of their pace. Birds chirped in some of the trees they passed and even a black stray cat ran past, surprising both of them. "Is Jungwon and Jay hyung picking you up tomorrow?" Ni-ki asked and looked down at Sunoo. "Yeah, I think around 8 am? Well, that's what Jay hyung told me but I'll have to ask later tonight" The younger hummed again before a little smile crept to his lips. "How about I come over so that they can pick us up in one go?" There were huge smiles on their faces as Sunoo nodded towards him. "Just make sure to let me know before you come, I don't want to look like a mess-"

This only made Ni-ki laugh. He ruffled Sunoo's black hair. "You know, I was thinking about dying my hair" He brought a hand up to his hair before tousling it around. "Ooh really? What color?" "Blonde" Sunoo stated before smiling brightly towards him. "If you do, I'd love to help out" The older only nodded back. Their pace slowed down even more as the sight of Sunoo's house came into their view, the downstairs lights made it impossible not to spot.

"I don't want to go!" Sunoo whined when they reached the front gate, his hand tightening around Ni-ki's. "We'll see each other tomorrow silly~ Plus it's dark out already, I wouldn't want to keep you out that late" There was a moment where they just stared into each other's eyes before Sunoo wrapped his arms around Ni-ki's body. The younger was quick to wrap his hands around his waist and with a little smile, he brought up a hand to rest behind Sunoo's head which rested near his chest.

"I'll see you tomorrow then, hyung"

. . .

4 / 18 / 21
19 : 48

ALL OF THE SONGS IN BORDER: CARNIVAL IS SO GOOD GUYS- But I absolutely love Drunk-Dazed and Mixed Up so far :P What about you guys?
- MINA -