Chapter 2

A few days later

*Adelyne's POV*

It was nice to see fimiliar faces. Lori, Rick, and Carl. We had known eachother for a while since I was pregnant with Katie in fact. And as Katie and grew up she and Carl would play together so they were friends. I had no idea they were still alive I thought everyone I knew was dead. I had met a few people of the group. Andrea and her sister Amy, Jacqui and TDog, Dale, Glenn, Carol and her daughter Sophia. Carol was married to a man named Ed and he was an asshole and he was hitting Carol I knew it I seen her brusies and how uncomfortable she was around him. I already knew Rick. Lori, Carl and unfortunately Shane. Shane had never wronged me in any way but for some reason I had never really liked him. And of course I met Merle and Daryl. Mmm Daryl! Stop it Adelyne. I was watching Katie play with Sophia, Carl, and two other kids but she was fed and hungry so that made me happy. I was hanging up laundry helping Lori out when she spoke.

"It's nice to see you" she told me smiling.

I looked away from Katie for a second.

"You too. I thought you guys were gone" I explained to her and looked back to Katie as Lori told me her story.

I smiled Katie looked so happy and that made me happy she needed happiness in her life. She was only seven years old I wanted her to still be able to play. Mike was talking with Shane and Daryl came out the RV and instantly he had my attention. Why? Why was he so good looking? I wanted to know him but I doubted he would even let me.

"She's safe Adelyne you don't have to worry" Lori told me moving her hair from her eyes.

"That's like telling water not be wet. I've worried about her her whole life. Now more than ever, how's Carl?"

"He's good smart. But I'm glad he's a kid still and has freinds to play with exspecially Katie. He knows her and he's ecstatic that you're here. Rick and I think of you as our daughter so to Carl you're his sister."

I looked at Lori and nodded and seen Rick had joined Shane and Mike. But my eyes roamed back over to Daryl who was looking at me I smiled at him and he got up walking away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Daryl's POV*

As soon as Adelyne looked at me I walked away and went to my tent thinking. God damn she was so pretty and the way the sunlight was hitting her hair she looked gorgeous. Stop Daryl. Damnit just stop! A girl like Adelyne would never be interested in me anyway. But I didn't want Mike to have her. 'She's mine' that was a like a challange to me. Adelyne wasn't property and the look he had when he looked at her was a lustful and in love look. But I didn't see that look in her when she talked to him. Somehow I knew she wasn't in love with him but he was in love with her. Thank god there was an extra tent we had so Mike didn't have to sleep with Adelyne. For some reason that made me feel better, and he better keep his hands off her. I'd make sure of it. I was brought out of my thoughts when a ball came bouncing into my tent and Katie came running in after it and stopped when she seen me.

"I-I'm sorry, the ball just-um-we.." she stuttered obviously nervous.