Chapter 30

*Daryl's POV*

More time passed and Hershel looked at us.

"I'm sorry we can't wait any longer. Or she's just going to slip away. You have a decision to make" he told us.

"And that is?" Lori asked.

"Whether to operate on your girl without a resperator" Hershel said.

"You said that wouldn't work" I told him as I sat next to Adelyne.

Hershel nodded sad and looked at all of us who wanted so much for her to live.

"I know it's extremely unlikely. I need to know if you want me to do this because I think your girl is out of time. You have to make a choice" he said firmly.

No! I can't lose her like this! I wanted to break down in tears and that wasn't normal I was a Dixon we didn't cry it wasn't in our nature to cry.

"A choice?" Lori said with tears in her eyes.

Rick looked at her and I seriously and I nodded.

"You have to tell me what it is" Rick told Lori.

She put her hands on his face.

"We do it."

As they started to prepare Adelyne for surgery a car pulled up and Rick sighed.

"Thank god."

We all ran out and Shane got out of the car without another man and he was limping holding supplies on his back.

"Adelyne" he said put of breath.

"Still a chance" Rick told him grabbing the stuff and giving it to Hershel.

"Otis?"

Shane shook his head no looking away.

"We say nothing to Patrisha not till after I need her."

He walked into the house and I stood with them and Shane looked at Rick.

"They just kept blocking us man just every turn. We were down to ten rounds he said he'd cover me that I should keeep going so that's what I did I kept going. And when I looked back.." his voice trailed off and Rick hugged him.

I went back inside to wait. I wanted to be the first to seen Adelyne.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time passed and Rick, Shane, Lori, and I all waited outside. Please Adelyne make it please. I was growing impatient an all I wanted to do was be with her and know she was okay. The door opened and Hershel stood up everyone stood up waiting for the news he smiled.

"She seems to have stablized" he told us.

Rick walked up and hugged him and Lori started to cry. Relief filled me and I ran inside to see her. She was asleep but she was breathing normally she was still bare chested ecxept her bra but she was alive that's all I cared about. I sat by her bedside and took her hand and held it. Without warning Adelyne's fingers curled around my hand I looked at her, she was still sleeping but she was able to move. Now all I wanted was to see those green eyes look up at me. I kissed her knuckles and smiled. She was going to live and that's all I wanted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning the rest of the group arrived on the farm and we all came outside. Dale walked up to Rick along with everyone.

"How is he? What happened?" Dale asked.

"An accident just a stupid hunting accident" Rick explained to him and I stood back on the porch.

My heart was just fluttering with happiness but exspressing my feelings isn't something I normally did unless I was with Adelyne. It was something about her I knew I could trust her she was mine. Carol walked up to me catching me off guard,

"I'm glad she's okay. I know how much you care about her" she put her hand on my shoulder and I nodded.

"Mmm."

The rest of the group set up camp and I went into the woods to search for Sophia I was still concerned about finding her as well. I was walking and came across Cherokee roses. I picked two and kept searching.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter is short but it shows that Adelyne is going to be okay. Yay!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------