Chapter 14

*Adelyne's POV*

We walked in and looked around it was vacant and Daryl stayed by my side the entire time. I didn't want to fight but I had to help the group if necassary.

"Close the door watch for walkers" Shane said.

We all looked around suddenly a gun clicked and everyone was alert and facing the direction where it came from. There stood a man in jeans and a white Tshirt stood a man holding a gun. He looked to be in his early fourties.

"Anybody infected?" he asked.

"One of our group was, he didn't make it" Rick told him.

Daryl and I had our crossbows aimed but I could feel him glance at me. I inched closer and my finger twitched on the trigger. I felt so much anger come over me and I didn't know why. I had to kill something. My breathing increased and suddely Daryl put his hand on my bow and made me keep it down and I seen the look in his eye. I looked away and slung my crossbow onto my back.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" the man asked.

"A chance"

"That's asking an awful lot these days."

"I know" Rick told him.

"You all sumbit to a blood test that's the price of admission. You need to get your stuff once that front door closes it stays closed."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I winced at Dr. Jenner stuck the needle into my arm.

"You afraid of needles?" he asked.

I didn't say anything and just let him finish him work and then went to stand with the group. When Daryl went Mike touched my shoulder and tried to talk to me but I pushed him away and moved in between Rick and Shane. I seen Daryl glare at Mike and Rick leaned close to my ear,

"It'll be okay" he told me.

I just looked down at my feet and tried to forget everything. As soon as Daryl was done he came over by me and held me against him and looked at Mike like he wanted to kill him. Andrea stood up and almost fell but Jacqui caught her.

"You okay?" Jenner asked.

"She hasn't eaten in days. none of us have" Jacqui explained.

"I can fx that" Jenner told us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone was laughing at the table eating and drinking. I sat back and ate what i had on the plate while sipping a beer. Daryl was laughing and drinking along with everyone else. At least someone was happy.

"Not you Glenn" Daryl said with a smile.

Glenn looked up laughing.

"What?"

"Keep drinking little man I wanna see how red your face can get."

Everyone started laughing and I chuckled but I wasn't into like everyone. I looked at Jenner and he looked at me and I just looked away. He looked just as depressed as I was. Life as we knew it was gone and my whole world was gone.

"So when are you going to tell us what happened here doc?" Shane asked causing everyone to go silent.

"Shane we're celebrating we don't need to talk about it now" Rick said.

"Wait this was your idea right? We came here to find help instead we found him one man. Why is that?" Shane asked.

Jenner explained how people were leaving to be with their falmilies while others comitted suicide becasue they couldn't face walking out into what the world was now. Suicide? I use to thimk people who comitted suicide were weak and too the easy way out. But when Katie died it was something that instanly went through my head I wanted to be with her and that was the only way. You could see how much Andrea missed Amy when you looked into her eyes.

"Well shit" Glenn said.

I sat back in my chair my arms crossed over my chest leaning back.

"Well arent you just a buzz kill Shane" I said everyone looked back at me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------