Chapter 33

2 days later

*Adelyne's POV*

Hershel said I was finally able to get up and walk around. Thank god because I was so close to going crazy being locked up in that room. I stood up getting dressed and walked outside towards where camp ws set up.

"Adelyne!" Carl yelled running up to me and hugging me.

I winced but hugged him tight. I knelt down so I was at eye level with him

"Hey how are you?"

"I'm good you're the one who got shot, are you okay?" he asked.

I kissed his forhead and looked at him.

"You know me I'm always okay" I stood and Carl took my hand.

"If I tell you something can you promise not to get upset?" Carl asked.

Kneeling down again I looked at him moving my hair away from my eyes,

"You can tell me anything what's up?"

Carl fummed nervous and played with his hands lot looking at me.

"umm.."

"Carl tell me it's okay."

He looked at me.

"Well I had a dream about Katie last night.."

Oh? He watched me and waited to see a sad look cross my face but I kept my emotions at bay and told him to complain.

"It felt like it wasn't a dream but she wanted me to tell you that she loved you and missed you. But she watches over you and that she loves the purple monkey" Carl told me raising his eyes in question at the last part.

My heart sank and I hugged him tight. Katie! I love you so much. I miss you to sweetie more than you know. I let Carl go and kissed his cheek and stood up.

"Thanks for telling me"

I rubbed his head messing up his hair and he chuckled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was walking and I came across Shane he was leaning agaisnt the front of his RV examining his gun and taking a deep breath I walked up to him. He didn't even look up maybe he didn't even hear me approach him.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked.

His head turned in my direction and immediately he straightned and ran a hand over his now shaved head.