Chapter 66

Here you go guys. I'm doing another update at 5:31am lol. Enjoy!

*Daryl*

I felt my chest tightening and my heart felt ready to explode. Did she really just say pregnant? Adelyne was pregnant oh my god. I had a million thoughts running through my mind. How long had she known? What if she passed like Lori? Lori went into labor and didn't survive, what if the same happened with Adelyne? I was in shock.

"I-um..I-" I stuttered.

Adelyne flipped her hair and rubbed her arms nervously. She looked away but a seen a tears form in her eyes as she bit her lip. I crossed over to her in two steps. I didn't give her time to say anything. I just held her in my arms. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I lifted her off her feet and she wrapped her legs around my waist. I buried my face in the hallow of her neck and nearly cried. Her fingers twisted in my hair and she pulled back and looked at her. I used my one hand to wipe away her tears. She got back to her feet and looked at me.

"S-So what do you think?" she asked.

I tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.

"I'm terrified. I've never been a father to a baby."

Adelyne wrapped her arms around my waist.

"But you were a great father figure to Katie."

Even though she smiled I seen the sadness in her eyes at the mention of her daughter.

"That was different Katie was seven. This is a baby. And we...we lost Lori due to her going into labor" I explained.

Adelyne stepped back and rubbed her arms again.

"Yes but Lori needed a C-section and that whole day was just bad all around. And this time, we have Hershel and Carol. I'll be fine Daryl."

I took her face in my hands.

"You don't know that babe. But one thing I am sure off is, I'm going to protect you and our baby with my life. You two are the most important people in my life now. I love you"

"I love you too."

I kissed her passionately under the hot Georgia sun. I was going to be a father and all that mattered was keeping my family safe.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Third Person*

Adelyne and Carl sat on the watch station looking through the paletes holding guns. Adelyne looked at Carl. He looked so grown up he was a man, he was brave and smart. But sometimes she would look at him and still see that hint of a little boy she once knew. He wasn't innocent anymore. That made Adelyne think about her baby. Her baby was going to be so innocent and so fragile just so vulnerable. Adelyne would lay down her life for this baby just like she would have for Katie. She would even die for Daryl. She loved everyone in her family.

"What are you thinking about?" Carl asked.

Adelyne looked at him and smiled.

"Wouldn't you like to know" she teased.

Carl smiled and walked closer to her.

"Well I did ask. So yes I would like to know" he said as he bumped his hip on hers.

Adelyne was about to respond when she seen something out of the corner of her eye. She looked through the scope of the gun. And that's when Adelyne seen her. She turned to Carl.

"Honey go get Dad" she whispered.

"Why?"

"Andrea."