Chapter 18

*Daryl's POV*

I walked holding Adelyne I didn't like the fact that she was standing alone with Mike. She had been talking to him but I don't know what was said. I seen the look in Mike's eye he loved her and I knew for a fact she didn't feel that way about him. But I aslo didn't know how she felt about me. Did she love me? What we did last night would say she did but she didn't say the words to me. So I don't know what's going on between us. All I know is I was going to keep her safe whether she wanted me to or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Adelyne's POV*

We followed Jenner into the main room and all the lights turned on. It revealed a big room with computers and a huge screen but we were the only people in the whole facility.

"Few people every got a chance to see this. Very few" Jenner said.

I leaned against one of the computer desks and paced a bit waiting. Jacqui was with TDog and Rick was standing with Lori,Shane, and Carl. Andrea stood alone same as Mike and Carol was with Sophia. The main screen powered up and what looked like an xray of a body popped up.

"Is that a brain?" Carl asked.

Jenner looked at him and nodded.

"An extrodinary one. Not that it matters in the end, take us in for the EIV"

Suddenly an woman robot voice spoke.

"Enchanced internal view"

We all watched the screen and there were a milliong tiny lights that were moving inside the brain.

"What are those lights?" Shane asked.

Jenner pointed up at the screen and started expalining to us.

"It's a persons life--exsperinces memories. It's everything somewhere in all that organic wiring is you. The thing that makes you unique. And human."

I took a deep breath wrapping my arms arond myself starting to feel cold.

"You don't make sense ever? " Daryl asked leaning against one of the desks.

"Those are synapses, electric impulses in the brain. That carry all the messages. They determine everything a person says, does, or thinks from the moment of birth to the moment of death" He explained.

Rick walked closer to him and ran a hand through his short hair.

"Death? That's what this is a vigil?"

"Yes or rather the playback of the vigil."

I looked up at the screen and really looked at it.