Chapter 19

*Daryl's POV*

I was sitting in the room with another bottle of Jack and Adelyne had left the room. I knew she was upset and wanted to be alone to think about Katie. I thought she deserved her space being by my side constantly could drive anyone batty. All I could do was think about her though day and night she concumed my dreams. It made me so angry that she got me to fel things I'd never felt before. I never had feelings, ever it just wasn't something I did. I don't feel. I took another sip of the Jack feeling it slide down my throat and the buzz go through my body I hadn't even noticed the door open and close until I heard a voice.

"You drink alot. Not healthy Daryl" Adelyne said sitting down in front of me.

"No it ain't but what else is there to do?" I asked.

Adelyne shrugged and sighed looking away.

"You okay? I know you needed time alone" I explained.

That's when those green eyes looked into mine and burned to my very core. They were so pretty and I couldn't look away. I seen she had tears forming and that's when I moved closer to her and pulled her close to my chest and we sat in silence. The only noise was the AC and the sound of our breathing. I tilted her head up and she looked at me and I leaned down pressing my lips against hers. She tasted good, I pulled away.

"You taste minty" I told her.

She smiled and chuckled.

"Well I hope so I did brush my teeth"

I chuckled and leaned into kiss her but then the lights turned off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Adelyne's POV*

I leaned away from Daryl and looked up. Not only did the lights turn off but so did the AC. I got up and looked out into the hallway and seen others coming out of their rooms. And Jenner came walking down the hall.

"Why's the air off? and the lights in our room?" Carol asked.

That's when Daryl came to the doorway.

"What's going on? Why's everything turning off?" Daryl asked.

As Jenner walked by us he took the alocohol from Daryl's hand and the look on Daryl's face was priceless. I chuckled and stiffled it when he looked at me.

"Energy is being prioritized"

"Air isn't a priority? and lights?" Dale asked.

Jenner kept walking.

"It's not up to me. Zone 5 is shutting itself down."

Daryl grabbed my arm and pulled me along with him catching up to Jenner as everyone followed.