十三

Art: @anna_drw01 on Twitter

A/N: I'm actually early for once :)

"Did I... hear that right?" Y/N's voice lightly cracked.

"I think I said it clearly."

Y/N didn't know what to say. She shouldn't talk about serious things like this when she has alcohol in her system.

"Do you really really—"

"Yes." He said firmly. "I said what I have said. I believe this is what it is to feel love. And it feels... light."

Y/N's demeanor softened 5 times more than she already had.

"Truth be told. I'm not one for these either. I don't know what love feels like. But I think Guizhong would have known." She took her shoes off, and lightly placed her feet inside the clean water to feel the coolness, of the lake.

"But I believe the best way to learn is through experience."

"Experience...? What would that mean?"

"I've thought about it. When I went back to when we were spending time together, I felt extremely happy. I felt like, one." Xiao tilted his head slightly to the side. "It was a different feeling from when I talk to Morax. I really can't describe it. But to let you know, I think this means that I hold you a lot more closer to my heart than the others. And that makes you special."

"Me? Special?"

"Yes. Special." She nodded her head chuckling at his confused expression. Then looked back down to the water with a fond smile of hers.

"I think this is what they call love. I, myself never expected to have any romantic feelings for anyone whatsoever." Y/N reached over and cupped his cheeks, and lightly squished them. Then giggled. She could feel Xiao's cheeks starting to feel warm again. "I think I love you too, my dear adeptus."

Those were the only words he needed to break down. He couldn't control the plethora of happiness surging through him, therefor they were expressed physically, with tears.

"Aww. Don't cry, like I said. Your handsome face might get ruined. But I have to say, even if you cry. You look just as handsome, I'll give you that." She teased with her signature smile, while wiping away his tears for him, with her thumb gently.

"D-don't say things like that..." Xiao said stubbornly, while trying to wipe his own tears away himself.

"I think it's already past midnight. But we can continue to talk. Except, I'm not sure if this boat will be able to stay afloat." She slowly stood up, trying to gain her balance, as Xiao followed her suite.

The two stood up, and when the boat lightly tipped, the two swayed, but held each other's hands to gain support, against gravity.

"That was close..." She mumbled and got off the boat.

Xiao hadn't said anything yet. He fears his voice might crack a little from being a bit emotional at the moment, and then start crying again.

"Xiao. Let's go back to my mountain, we can sit there and talk a bit more if you'd like. And eat some almond tofu." She suggested. And Xiao nodded cutely. Making her chuckle again.

Ming welcomed them back, and raised an eyebrow when she noticed them holding hands. Then gave a knowing stare straight into Y/N's eyes.

"Ming, we'll be staying up tonight talking and such. Could you prepare a cup of tea for us? And some almond tofu."

"You're going to drink tea?" Ming asked.

Y/N shrugged. "I'll try it again. I need something to settle the alcohol down, the one from the pharmacy please."