十四

Art: ???

—Meeting Guizhong—

"Xiwangmu... please. Listen to these prayers. I hope to rid of the evil near here, that would corrupt our village. Please rid of the spite."

Those were the the words that would go on inside her head every time, when they would pray to her. She never got annoyed, or bored of them. It made her know the people depend on her.

She had a policy, where more likely that anybody that entered the mountain and weren't part of the village should be killed by herself, as the guardian spirit of the place.

One person, left unharmed for the first time.

The goddess, Guizhong ventured into the mountain she's never been inside of. Morax had warned her of the possibilities that might happen. But she payed no mind to them.

She walked through the place, which held large rocks, and snapped branches. Leaves that were putrid.

But all of that only peaked her interest and curiosity even more. I suppose the term, 'Curiosity killed the cat,' does not effect her in any way.

Guizhong heard a rustle, and turned around to see a large white tiger emerge from behind the fog, slowly with an intimidating growl. It's face seemed very soft...

Guizhong stayed calm to herself, knowing well that if she showed any fear, it would only make matters worse and quicken her death.

She held a hand out and kneeled down like she would for any animal, to show she shows no harm and is not hostile.

Of course, Xiwangmu never faced a situation like this before, and stopped confused. She had her guard up like always, and just left Guizhong there in her spot knowing she won't be able to make her leave.

The next day, she returned. And Xiwangmu snarled at her again. But she had asked the people in the village about the tiger.

"Xiwangmu, was it? I don't mean any harm, really. I just want to be friends. I show no harm, believe me." Guizhong said in the most kindest voice.

Xiwangmu never knew a voice could sound so kind... or possibly naive...

Every. Single. Day. Guizhong would return to try and befriend the tiger, not giving up in the slightest.

Xiwangmu warmed up to Guizhong, and knew she had guts, and was persistent. And to her surprise they became very close friends.

Guizhong brought Morax over, and the Morax back then, was absolutely intimidating. It was very threatening, to Xiwangmu. And the tiger hid behind, Guizhong, who laughed at the change of attitude. And Morax was beyond confusion as to why Xiwangmu wouldn't come over to greet him.

—end—

Those were good times. Before the archon war was the absolute greatest time for her. During, and after was the most dreadful part to come by. Many adeptis and gods fought with each other. Bringing damage to the ground among the civilians and mortals.

The village people who lived near Y/N's mountain were completely safe. But... what caused them all to become deceased?

"Everyone has a sin. A secret, per say. Everyone has done something that was wrong. But I think what matters is what the people become after that. And I've seen how far you have come Xiao. I believe you've become a better immortal, I dare say." Y/N said.

"I am still not sure."

"Hm... not convinced?" She set her tea cup down and cradled his face in her hands, and made him look her straight in the eyes.