~ CHAPTER 17 ~

"Gibbs?!" Michelle yelled, rushing down to his basement, "Gibbs!" Tears streaming down her face.
"Rob?" His eyes widened, "what happened?" He ran to her, embracing her, "Michelle! Talk to me! What happened ? Is Nick okay?"
"I don't think I can do this anymore, Gibbs. It's too much. Why does shit keep happening to me?!" She screamed in his chest, "I'm so tired of getting up again and again. I don't want to anymore. I'm tired, Gibbs. I'm done." She bawled.
"Rob," he caressed her hair, "hey," he lifted her head, "what happened?"
"My brother...he killed Paul. It was true. What kind of fucked up family do I have?!" She tried wiping her tears away only for more to fall, "why did they do this?! Wasn't taking away my family enough?! Did they have to take away my happiness too?!" She choked on her words, "why, Gibbs?! Why?" She said lightly.
"Shit," Gibbs sighed, bringing her closer to him, "look at me..." he said softly. She held him tightly, still weeping. "Michelle, look at me." She lifted her head slowly, "you didn't lose your family, I'm here, Ellie's here, so is McGee, Vance, Andy, Benji, Douglas, Steve and everyone else around you." He wiped her tears away, "and most importantly, Nick. You haven't lost everything. You have us, and we're not going anywhere."
"But what if-"
"We're. Not. Going. Anywhere." He kissed the top of her head, "we got you, lean on us."

"He said that he was never Brainwashed, he was always working with John," she scoffed, "I had my enemy right next to me the whole time. He saw how happy I was. He saw me and Paul together, he saw how happy I was when I said the words 'I love you' and when I wore my engagement ring...the fucking asshole," she rolled her eyes as they filled with tears, "shit." She wiped them away quickly.
"No one doubted him, I didn't even see it. Don't blame yourself. You've done enough of that."
"I can't help it," she sighed.

"I can't let it go..." she pushed herself off the sofa.
"So? Now what ?" Gibbs asked.
"I..." she exhaled, "I'll try to control myself, but no promises." She forced a smile.
"Can I stop you?"
"You know you can't."
"Be careful." He got up, leading her out.
"Always." She smiled, "thank you Gibbs. For everything."
"Always." He smiled back, placing a kiss on her forehead.
"Tell Nick I'm sorry."
"Tell him yourself." He sighed.

—————-
A/N:
I started questioning where I was going with this story. I had an idea when I first started but it's been so long. Honestly dk wtf is going on. Lol.
I'm sure I had a better idea but this'll do 🧍🏻‍♀️🧍🏻‍♀️