~ CHAPTER 9 ~

At 7 am I headed to Nick's room, he was still fast asleep. He looked exhausted and distressed. I didn't bother him, I couldn't. I called McGee and told him to inform Gibbs that nick isn't feeling well. He's gonna take the day off.
When the clock struck 9, I had to wake him up. He won't sleep later on at night.
"Nick," I softly tapped him.
"Hmm?" He groaned.
"Wake up, its nine o clock," he forced his eyes open.
"WHAT?! Why didn't you wake me earlier? I'm late!" He rushed out of bed, nearly fell but he gripped onto the bed.
"Nick, calm down. You're taking the day off!" I got up to help him around.
"What? Why?"
"Because...you're a little hangover to be honest,"
"Right...when did I get home?" He sat back on the bed.
"At one," I sat next to him.
"Sorry if I disturbed you,"
"I couldn't sleep anyway,"
"Oh." He looked at me, "everything okay?"
"Yeah, could be better but yeah," I smiled at him, "and you?"
"Hm?"
"Are you...okay?"
"Not really," He looked down.
"Okay, why don't you get in the bathroom and freshen up, I'll make you some coffee. Then we can talk?"
"Yeah, Okay." He smiled and got up.

——

"Did you turn the water heater off?" He said wearing only a towel.
"Um...no? My water was fine, maybe somethings wrong with yours. I'll call the maintenance dude later."
"Alright, thanks,"
-
"So..." I handed him his coffee.
"So," he took a sip of the coffee.
"First of all, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have just run away, and I've been doing that a lot. I've been running away from my problems non stop!"
"So this is a 'problem'?" He slowly nodded his head.
"I didn't mean it like that,"
"You've been acting like it is!"
"Nick-"
"Look, if you don't wanna do this Just say it, don't leave me wondering!"
"I'm not ready Okay?! After what happened-"
"What do you mean? What happened?"
"I lost someone, very close to me. So this is hard for me and I'm not sure if this is the right time. And honestly? I feel like I'm gonna hurt you," I said fiddling with my fingers.
"Hurt me? How? Heartbreak?"
"No...more of a physical hurt?"
"You're gonna have to elaborate..." he raised an eyebrow.
"I'm the reason this person died. The man I was hunting, he killed him. Assassinated him, actually. I held his bloody body in my arms. Watched him bleed to death. He could still be alive. Maybe with a few kids. But he met me. Now he's gone..." I cleared my throat, "so I don't wanna be the reason that you die too..."
"Robyn...it really isn't your fault-"
"No, Nick stop! Okay? Everyone is saying that, but in reality it is! I know, he even told me himself. That he targeted him because of me..." my voice cracked, "Sorry, excuse me."
I went to my room and took a breath.
"No need to apologise..." he came in and held me in his embrace, "I get that you're not ready, but Robyn, I really like you. I mean, I've never felt like this before. And the other night, god I never felt so good!" I smiled.
"It was pretty amazing..." he laughed, "and I like you, I do. A lot. But-"
"That's all I needed to hear. Please just give it a chance! Go on a date with me." He pleaded.
"Nick..."
"If after that, you're still unsure, then fine. I'll drop it. I promise!"
"Fine, lets do it." I grinned.
"Yesss!! You just made this man very happy!" He kissed the top of my head.
"Okay, now go sober up! I need to get to work," I got up to change.
"Okay, tomorrow night, at 7." He winked and left.

" He winked and left