chapter 11

Today was two important days, Christmas and the Ball. Arabella received cards from Parkinson and Bulstrode, Jewelry and sweets from Daphne, Fuzzy socks and makeup from Cedric, and new pieces for her guitar along with a teddy bear from her dad. She owled her dad and thanked him for the presents and said she'd visit him as soon as possible.

Everyone else's attention seemed to be on the Ball, which Arabella wasn't as ecstatic about as her roommates. Pansy was going with Draco, Daphne with Theo, and Bulstrode with some random Slytherin. Arabella never ended up having an official date to the ball. She put on this front that it didn't bother her but deep down it stung a little.

The girls ended up getting ready in their dorm. Arabella did her makeup fairly quick, and put on her jewelry. She realized she was earlier than she expected so she stayed in her grey sweatpants and Slytherin crewneck.

She sat on her bed fiddled with her jewelry. The clock read 7:15 and the rest of the girls spent no time waiting for Arabella to finish getting ready, they all left and met up with their dates. Arabella did her hair in a quick half up half down style, zipped up her dress with magic, and headed out of the common room.

 Arabella did her hair in a quick half up half down style, zipped up her dress with magic, and headed out of the common room

The clock read 7:30 when she left.

She noticed Granger looking into the room nervously and she assured her she looked great and that she'd be alright. Hermione walked into the ball while Arabella smiled for her. Once everyone's attention was off the stairs where Hermione previously was, Arabella walked down the stairs. Unlike Granger, nobody was waiting for her at the end of the stairs. 

She made her way over to Cedric and Cho. Cho complimented her and Cedric said something about "Diggory Genes" which made her chuckle slightly. Cedric called Anthony (Rickett) over and he agreed he'd be her "date."

She made her way over to Daphne and Theo who looked more than happy together. She stood awkwardly next to them as they were flirting which made Arabella throw up in her mouth. Suddenly all their attention was diverted towards the entrance where the Champions entered with their dates. Cedric and Cho, Fleur and Roger, Viktor and Hermione, and Harry and Parvati. The four sets of partners danced together, before more couples joined in.

Arabella happily danced with Anthony, who suprisingly wasn't a terrible dancer, before parting ways and sitting with Daphne, Theo, and Blaise. The four talked briefly before Daphne pulled Arabella aside.

Daphne questioned her, "How do I tell Theo he's a terrible dancer?! All the stupid pureblood ball bullshit we've had to do and he still can't dance." Arabella let out and amused chuckle, "Wish I knew really." Daphne playfully rolled her eyes, "You look great, really. I'm so proud." Daphne joked, fake brushing a tear out of her eye. Arabella smiled, "Stop you're going to make me blush." The two walked back to their seats.

"You guys alright?" Theo asked. Arabella spoke before Daphne could, "We're great. And Theo you should dance with Daphne again. The night will be over before you know it." The pair walked out and Daphne stuck her middle finger at her bestfriend.

Blaise gave her a confused look. "Theo has two left feet." Arabella said. Blaise smirked in amusement, and turned to watch them. "You don't talk much, do you?" Arabella questioned, turning towards him. They locked eyes for a little, Blaise snapped out of his gaze and nodded, trying his best not to smile. "I respect that." Arabella said, with a smile.

The rest of the night she mostly hung with Daphne, as Theo didn't stay long. Back in their dorm,