chapter 31

Arabella and Blaise entered Slughorn's dinner party. Harry, Hermione, Cormac, the Carrow twins, Neville, and Marcus were already there.

Blaise took a seat besides Slughorn while Arabella sat on his right. "Welcome you two." Arabella smiled at him while Blaise cooly nodded. Slughhorn was asking Cormac about his Uncle. He turned to Arabella who was trying to contain her laughter because of the way Marcus was eating. "How's your father Ms.Diggory? Still working with Muggles?" he asked her. "Yeah, but I think he wants to move into Muggle Protection, he reckons it's more significant now." Slughorn looked rather interested. "Really? Well I reckon he's correct." he announced, Arabella smiled fakely.

She took notice of Cormac, who couldn't take his eyes off of her and Hermione. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat when she noticed his eyes flicker between the brunettes. Blaise clenched his jaw and glared at the boy. Cormac clearly didn't receive the message, because he continued to creepily stare at the girl.

After an awkward, but alright dinner with Slughorn, he released the students back to their common rooms.

Blaise said the password and they walked in with each other. As she was a couple steps up, Blaise called her name. "You know Slughorn mentioned a Christmas party and we're supposed to bring someone?" he asked, trying his best to not look nervous. Arabella nodded in confirmation. "I was wondering if you wanted to uh- go with me? Like you and I." he questioned. Arabella bit her bottom lip to stop her smile. "Of course I will." she replied gratefully. He wrapped his arms around the girl and placed a soft kiss on top of her head. "Goodnight Blaise." Blaise smiled and waved at her, "Goodnight Arabella."

She entered her dorm with a smile plastered on her face. "Someones happy." Pansy noted. "Don't freak out when I tell you." she said. Pansy mocked an offended look, "It was directed at Daphne." she quickly added. Pansy and Daphne laughed. "Blaise asked me on a date. Well not really a date, but to Slughorn's christmas party." she stated. Pansy's and Daphne's mouths fell open, "really?" they asked in unison. Arabella nodded. "Did you say yes?" Pansy questioned. Arabella nodded again. Pansy and Daphne shared knowing looks with each other while Arabella started getting dressed for bed. "And that's it? He just asked you out?" Pansy asked after she explained what happened. Arabella nodded while climbing into bed.

Arabella slept well that night, as did Blaise.