chapter 26

Arabella had sat in a room full of people from different houses, all the houses except Slytherin. Cho had spoken to her while she was there, along with Luna Lovegood, who Arabella found fascinating.

The golden trio walked in and sat in front of everyone, Hermione stood up and spoke, "Uhm, hi. You all know why we're here; We need a teacher, a proper teacher. One whos had real experience defending themselves against the dark arts." Hermione was interrupted by Zacharias Smith, a rather tude Hufflepuff boy "Why?" Ron snapped at the boy, "Why? Because You-Know-Whos back you tosspot." The boy kept pestering, "Say he says?" gesturing at Harry. "So Dumbledore says." Hermione argues. "So Dumbledore says because he says, the point is where's the proof?" Arabella had had enough of his close mindedness, "Want to go fight him yourself for proof?" she snapped at the blond. The room went silent. Micheal Corner spoke up, "Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed." Arabella clenched her jaw at the boy, "You didn't even talk to Cedric. I doubt he even knew your name." she said sassily. Harry spoke after her, much calmer than she was, "I'm not going to talk about Cedric so if that's why you're here you might as well clear out now. And besides, only one person here truly deserves to know what happened that night."

Harry and Hermione whispered inaudible things to one another, he appeared he was going to leave before Luna questioned, "Is it true you can produce a patronus charm?" Harry went silent, Hermione defended him, "Yes, I've seen it." Dean Thomas spoke up, "Blimey Harry, I didn't know you could do that." Neville Longbottom continued, "And he killed a Batilisk, with the sword in Dumbledore's office." Ginny Weasley chimed in, "It's true." Ron Weasley added on, "third year he thought about a hundred dementors at once" Hermione commented, "and last year he really did fight off You-Know-Who in the flesh." Arabella took notice of Harry's uncomfortable look, "Wait, it all sounds great when you say it like that, truth is most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time and nearly always had help." Hermione countered what Harry had said, "he's just being modest." Harry defended himself, "No, Hermione I'm not. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school if you make a mistake you can just try again tomorrow, but out there when you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes, you don't know what that's like." Harry finished and the room went silent. "You're right Harry, we don't. It's why we need your help. Because if we're going to have any chance of beating- Voldemort;" A younger Gryffindor student spoke up in fear, "He's really back?" Harry merely nodded. 

Everyone lined up in a line to sign a paper to join "Dumbledore's Army." Arabella wasn't a huge fan of Dumbledore, but she wasn't a fan of Voldemort either. She gladly signed her name onto the paper and exited back to Hogwarts.

Daphne questioned where she had went, but luckily Arabella said she needed ink, and she really did so that worked out.

The rest of her time was spent in the common room working on work with Daphne and Pansy and helping younger students with their work.