chapter 16

(a/n: if this chapter is bad its cause i was crying writing it ://)

Arabella agreed she'd go home after today, she only really stayed for Cedric's Funeral. She woke up and headed straight to the bathroom. She cleaned herself up from last night and dressed in her Slytherin robes. Pansy and Millie had already left to go to the Great Hall, but Daphne insisted on waiting for Arabella. Daphne pulled her into a hug when she walked out of the bathroom, which Arabella eased into.

The two walked into the hall together and took their seats. They sat in silence besides the sounds of students shuffling into the Hall. Once everyone was settled in Dumbledore began speaking.

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, infinitely fair-minded, and most importantly a fierce, fierce friend. Therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort." Arabella couldn't stop tears from coming out of her eyes, she hadn't known how he died until now. Dumbledore continued, "The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this, but not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel but this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us, while we may come from different places and speak different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In lights of recent events, the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that, and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true, right to the very end." The Hall was silent besides sniffles of students. Dumbledore dismissed everyone after the moment of silence.

Once she got out of the Hall, she cried into Daphne's shoulder. Daphne comforted her as best as possible and led her to their dorms. Once she was done crying (for now at least), she told Daphne she'd be going home. Daphne wasn't surprised she wanted to go home. "I'm sorry D, I don't know if i'll come back and-" Daphne cut her off, "I understand. Take care of yourself alright? Owl me if you can, I love you." Arabella brought her into a hug, "I love you too, thank you for everything." Daphne smiled in the hug, "Anytime."

Arabella visited the Great Hall before she left, she went to the Hufflepuff table to speak to Anthony. Anthony spotted her and pulled her into a hug. She gave him the warmest smile possible, "I'm finishing off my studies this year at home, you can visit during the summer if you please." Arabella spoke. "I'll owl you and your dad, I'm really sorry about all of this Arabella." Arabella smiled at his words, "It's not your fault Anthony, don't apologize. I'll see you later okay?" Anthony gave her a warm smile, "Yeah, I'll visit as soon as possible." He pulled her into another hug before she left the table.

She headed to Dumbledore's office to use the Floo Network back home, Professor(s) McGonagall, Snape, and Dumbledore were all there. McGonagall spoke up, "We're terribly sorry for your loss Ms.Diggory. Do you happen to know when you'll be returning, or if you're returning at all?" Arabella responded, "Don't apologize Professor, it's not your fault. And I plan on returning next year, I just want to stay with my father for now." McGonagall pursed her lips, "I understand. Owl us if you need anything." Arabella warmly smiled, "Of course, and thank you."