chapter 23

Daphne hugged her best friend and muttered "good luck" before leaving with the rest of the class. Well she didn't really leave, she waited in the hall for her friend. 

Harry glanced back at the girl who was packing her things together. "Hey er- Arabella, I'm really sorry about all this." She sent him an apologetic glance, "It's alright Harry. I know it wasn't your intent. But for now our worries should be on surviving the pink toad." Arabella said. The two chuckled silently before walking into Umbridge's office. 

Both the students looked around the office, trying to hide the disgust from their faces. The office was a bright shade of pink, decorated with tons of moving photos of cats. "Ew" Arabella muttered under her breath. Harry bit his cheeks to stop his laughter at the girl's reaction. 

She motioned for them to sit down, and they did as told. "You're going to be doing some lines for me." The two reached into their bags for the quills before Umbridge stopped to inform them they'd be using a "rather special quill of hers" Arabella and Harry glanced at each other, unknowingly of what she meant. She gave the two a quill before telling Harry to write, 'I must not tell lies,' and Arabella to write 'I must not believe lies.' Harry questioned, "How many times?" Umbridge replied, "As long as it takes for the message to sink in." Harry turned to face her, "You haven't given me any ink." He said bluntly. "Oh you wont need any ink." When she said that, realization hit Arabella. They were blood quills. 

Arabella tried to keep her calm as she wrote her first sentence, she grunted in pain, Harry doing the same, as the words engraved into her hand. Umbridge came to face them and said with a fake pitiful look, "Yes?" The Gryffindor and Slytherin spoke in unison, "Nothing." Umbridge was satisfied with their response, "That's right, because you know deep down, you deserve to be punished. Don't you?" The two painfully continued their lines before they parted ways to their common rooms. 

Arabella speeded away from the classroom trying to get as far away as possible. Daphne sped up to keep up with her, "What happened, are you alright?" the blonde questioned. "I'm fine." She replied trying to avoid the topic. "You don't look fine." Daphne said bluntly. "Do I?" the brunette said, whipping her head around. "I'm sorry." she mumbled. "It's fine." Arabella murmured. 

The two entered the common room together. Daphne sat on one of the coaches while Arabella headed towards the dorm without a word to anyone. "What happened to her?" Pansy questioned. "Umbridge." Daphne said bluntly. "What do you mean 'Umbridge'?" Parkinson bargained. Daphne replied, "She had detention with her along with Potter, and the both of them came out flustered and angry. When I tried to ask her about she just ignored me and said she was fine." Pansy furrowed her brows, "Clearly she isn't well enough to be back." she commented. Daphne mumbled in response, "Maybe."

TW: Scars, ???Self Harm???

Meanwhile in Arabella's dorm, she was attempting to find a way to get the scar to go away. The scar burned terribly so Arabella locked the door to the bathroom and ran her hand under cold water. She muffled her scream as the water hit her skin. The water only made the scar worse, "Shit" she breathed out. Arabella took a bandage from her trunk and covered the scar as best as possible. She sighed in frustration when the band aid didn't cover the whole thing, so she just covered her hand as best as possible.

The next day, Arabella was trying to avoid all conversation what-so-ever. She was eating breakfast as normal when Daphne questioned why she wasn't using her other hand. "I don't ever use my other hand, not to eat anyway." Daphne furrowed her brows, "For as long as I've known you you've used both hands to eat." Arabella sassed, "Well people change, don't they?" She noticed Daphne's face, "D I'm sorry." She mumbled barely above a whisper. "No it's fine I get it. People change." Daphne sneered while packing her things and leaving. Arabella let out a frustrated sigh before walking out to see what Umbridge was yelling about. 

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students you conform to the prescribed discipline practices." McGonagall scolded. Arabella knew what she was talking about, and she couldn't agree more. Umbridge argued, "So silly of me but it sounds that you're questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva." McGonagall took a step higher than Umbridge, "Not at all, Dolores. Merely your medieval methods." she stated. "I am sorry dear, but to question my practices is to question the ministry, and by extension the minister himself. I am a tolerant woman, but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty." Umbridge barked back. McGonagall stepped down so they saw eye-to-eye and spoke, "Disloyalty?" Umbridge turned to face the crowd of students, "things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared, Cornielius would want to take immediate action." She boasted before turning away.

Arabella rolled her eyes at the women before turning back into the Hall, sitting next to Daphne without saying anything at all.