chapter 29

In Dumbledore's Army, Harry was teaching them to Cast Patronus. Arabella thought of every happy memory she could: When she first got her guitar, when she first went up the astronomy tower, when she completed her potions assignment successfully. After thinking that only a small spark came out her wand. "Think of more powerful memories. You got it." Harry told her. When she met Daphne, when Blaise and Theo first talked to her on the train, when Cedric won the second task, when her and Blaise exchanged gifts, when Blaises owl came to her window, when she first found the photo of her and Cedric. Her Patronus came out as a Black and White cat. A few Gryffindors came over and congratulated her, "Congrats" Hermione smiled at the girl. She smiled back at the Gryffindor girl.

The DA had got caught while Lovegood's Patronus was hopping around. The walls slowly broke down and Umbridge said "Get them." Arabella had managed to escape to the library and read in the corner. "You were a part of it, weren't you?" Blaise said walking around the corner. "I'm sorry?" she replied, trying to sound as confused as possible. "I'm not mad Arabella." Blaise assured her. "Good. Want to sit?" Blaise shrugged and took the book from her. She laid her head on his legs as he read the book to her. After a while the two did homework together and headed to the common room.

Daphne and Pansy shared looks with one another as let her enter first and she blushed at the gesture. He waved goodbye to Arabella as he headed to his dorm. 

Arabella sat across from the two who were smirking at her. "What?" she questioned. Pansy spoke up first, "You fancy him, don't you?" Daphne loved Arabella, but couldn't disagree with Pansy. "I don't fancy him." she informed the girls. "And were supposed to believe that?" Daphne questioned. "Yes." she said flatly. "So that wasn't a date in the Library?" Arabella furrowed her brows, "One, how did you know we were in the library? And two, it wasn't a date." Pansy laughed, "You have a book genius, and alright, I believe you." Arabella playfully rolled her eyes, "No you don't." Pansy shrugged and worked on her homework as Arabella read her book.

Arabella was packing her trunk to leave to go home for summer. "Hey Arabella?" Daphne called, also packing her things. "Yeah?" the brunette responded. "Nothings going to be the same again, you know that right?" Arabella turned to her, but realization hit her, "Yeah, I know." Daphne sighed, "I just want you to know, it's you and me forever. Alright?" she said. "It's you and I Daphne, but yeah. Forever." The girls embraced one another before heading towards the train and claiming their usual seats. 

Theodore and Draco looked more tense than usual, while Pansy stared at the boys with concern. Daphne and Blaise were aware of why, and Arabella for once was clueless among her friends. 

Ignoring the tension, Arabella rested her legs on top of Blaises as usual, as they read the same book. As she got off the train, she said hello to the Greengrass' before leaving with her father for the summer.