S- Catching Feelings

(These scenarios are nonlinear so this is before your relationship when you guys are still friends/acquaintances. This is basically just when they realized or started to have feelings for you. This took forever for me to write.)

Gordon

Gordon was still relatively new to the Black Mesa team and didn't know to many people, outside of Kleiner and Eli. Most of the scientist weren't to keen to make friends with the knew guy. It especially didn't help that he mostly communicated through actions and the occasional sign language. There was this one scientist who seemed willing to be friends but they still had trouble understanding Freeman due to his silent nature. Dr. l/n was there name, at least from what Gordon could remember. He hadn't seen them in a while, not like they were to close in the first place. It was hard to form a close bond so quickly with such a language barrier. Gordon could communicate through writing, but that wasn't always an immediate option.

Gordon sighed as he rummaged through his locker, getting ready for the long day of work. The locker room was nearly empty outside of the one scientist attempting to fix his tie.

"Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?" The older man muttered as he fiddles with the bit of clothing. Both of the men jumped when the locker room door suddenly swung open. Gordon glanced over to the door to see you, Dr. l/n, standing there with a proud smile plastered on your face. You also appeared a bit tired as if you didn't get any rest the night before, but hid it behind your usual friendly exterior. The older scientist in the room rolled his eyes and went back to what he was doing as you ran over to Gordon.

"Dr. Freeman! Long time no see." You greeted as you fixed your lazily put on lab coat. He smiled and waved back before closing his locker door.

"You might be wondering where I've been." You started, your eyes wandering around the room. Gordon shrugged when you looked back to him, trying to convey that he wanted to know more but didn't know quite how.

'I hope that didn't come off as rude.' He worried in his mind. You seemed to get the memo and shifted your body towards the tall scientist.

"It took me ages to learn, but I think I finally got the hang of this. Just lest me know if I do anything wrong." You respond, ignoring Gordon's confused stare.

'Hello, doctor. How was your morning?' You said in sign language, focusing heavily on your hands as to not make a mistake. You were still new to this and were nervous about messing up.

"Did I say that right?" You asked once you were done. Gordon stared at the scene in shock, a smile growing on his face.

'You're learning sign language?' He signed, trying to hold back his excitement. It took you a few second to realize what he said and respond with a nod.

"I wanted to find a way to communicate with you. So I decided to take some online classes during my off time." You explained while showing off a few other words/sentences you learned.

"I still need to practice though. It will take some time for me to fully understand the language fully, but I hope this helps." You mumbled, nervously rubbing the pack of your neck, pink dusting your cheeks. Gordon felt a warmth in his chest at the scene, not fully understanding what the new feeling was. Gordon put a hand on your shoulder and gave you a thumbs up, trying to communicate that it was okay. He was just glad to have someone new to talk to in his own way. You returned the smile and put your hand over Gordon's. Freeman felt that same feeling in his chest grow stronger at the simple gesture and gently pulled his hand away. You glanced at the clock on the wall before turning back to Gordon with a sad smile.