OS- Kleiner x reader (part 2)

(This story isn't to dependent on the first part, but is still a continuation. So if you want to read part 1, you can, but it's not necessary.)
Working at Black Mesa was challenging, but worth it. Kleiner and Otis were more then happy to introduce you to their own friends. Kleiner introduced you to Dr. Eli Vance and Dr. Gordon Freeman. Otis introduced you to Barney Calhoun, who you quickly grew fond of despite the differences in your jobs. Although you and Barney were close, at the end of the day you would always have a closer connection to Kleiner. Kleiner had an overall helpful attitude and was happy to assist with anything he could. When you were given a dorm, he and Eli helped you move in. He would make sure you didn't overwork and ride home with you on the train system. His optimistic attitude made him a great person to go to, especially on stressful days. You also knew of his flaws, like how he didn't like bothering people for help and would attempt to do everything himself. Long story short, you two quickly became close friends.
Kleiner thought of you in a similar light. You didn't mind his rambling and didn't call him out of his many errors like others. Kleiner viewed you as determined and adventurous, but also recognized your flaws. You tended to get in over your head and could get lost in your thoughts easily. Not to mention you were, at times, impatient. But even those were traits he could admire about you. Kleiner was curious about the world, but also afraid of it. You didn't have that fear holding you back. Yes that could get you into trouble, but it also lead to more discoveries. You spoke your mind while he kept to himself most of the time. Both of you were ambitious, but Kleiner felt you shinned more because of your outspoken nature. Let's put it this way, he may have had a tiny crush on you.
Okay a huge one, but he refused to tell you. He planned to in the past, but his thoughts and insecurities always got the best of him. So he continued to be nothing but a friend to you, not that he minded. As long as you were happy, then he was. Despite this, the other continued to push the subject.
The shift was almost over. Kleiner and Eli were exiting the test chamber while talking about an upcoming experiment that, if successful, would put them ahead of Aperture Science. Kleiner was rambling on about his portion of the work, as he usually does, before being cut off by Eli bumping his shoulder. The brunette glanced up at his friend in confusion.
"What is it? Was I talking to much?" Kleiner asked. Eli shook his head and pointed across the office room.
"Look who it is." Kleiner followed where his friend pointed to see you and Barney conversing near the exit. Barney leaned against one of the many desks as he spoke. You stood with your arms crossed only to unfold them and give two thumbs up. The two scientists couldn't hear what you two were talking about. Eli suggested going over, but Kleiner thought it would be rude to interrupt the conversation. That didn't stop you and Barney from noticing the two though. Kleiner froze when your eyes met his and Eli simply waved to Barney. You and Barney walked over to the two.
"Hello Isaac! How was your day?" You greeted. Kleiner nervously smiled and replied with, "Good, good. What about yours?"
"As good as it can get considering I'm at work." You joke.
"Hey, we were just talking about after work plans. Since today is a Friday, Gordon thought it would be a great idea to get everyone together and go out for drinks. What do you two say?" Barney asked, revealing the topic you and him were talking about.
"I would love to but I have to get home to my wife. I hope you understand." Eli explained as he glanced at his watch.
"What about you, Isaac? It would be great to have you around!" You exclaimed, turning to the scientist for an answer. Kleiner wanted to hang out with you and the other, but he knew how he got when drunk. He couldn't take that chance.
"N-No, I'm-" Kleiner paused mid sentence when he saw the smile form into a frown. His heart filled with pain at the sight, causing him to rethink his sentence. Just because you guys were getting drinks didn't mean he had to drink too. Yeah. He could be the sober friend.
"I can make it! I just need to finish up some... errand first." Kleiner lied. Your frown flipped upside down.
"That's okay. Take your time, Isaac." You reassure.
"Yeah. When you're done, head to Gordon's dorm. That's where we'll be."
———
"Come on Barney, you got this!" Otis cheered while a drunk Gordon paraded in the background. Barney continued to chug the beer in his hands until it was empty. Once he was done, he slammed the glass onto the table, stood up, and raised his hands in victory. Gordon clapped and continued to sip his own drink as Otis congratulated his coworker. You and Kleiner danced near the tv, which was playing a variety of music genres. You continued to drink your (favorite alcoholic drink), trying to keep track of how much you drunk. Unlike the other three, you didn't plan on getting blacked out drunk. Kleiner originally planned to stay completely sober. That was until he noticed his favorite wine. He then decided to only have one glass, which he did, but that seemed to be enough to get him tipsy. Turns out the scientist couldn't hold his alcohol well. You paused for a bit to set your drink down and change the song to (insert any dance song you want). You bounced/swayed in place to the music before noticing a hand extended to you. It was Kleiner, who stared at you with a goofy grin. He had taken off his lab coat, showing off the rest of his uniform and the ridiculous tie you both had to wear. His glasses were also slightly crooked on his face, but he didn't seem to care. You smiled and took his hand. He pulled you into an open space and the two of you twirled to the music. Gordon noticed this and got the attention of the others. He tugged on the Barney and Otis's shirts, pointing at the scene across the room.
"Oh, you think it's finally going to happen?" Otis asked with a smirk, glancing over to Barney for a response. Barney smiled warmly at the scene.
"Looks like Kleiner's finally making some moves."
'About time.' Gordon signed before taking another swing of his beer.
"Come on guys, let's give them some privacy." Barney says as he motions for the other two to look away. Otis complained but inevitably listened.
The simple twirling soon turned into full on dancing once more, this time the two of you working together. Kleiner was teaching you a bit about dancing with a partner. Everything was going fine until your drunk self misstepped, causing the two of you to fall to the floor. You were quick to push yourself up and onto you knees, rubbing your head in the process.
"Ugh. I'm so sorry, Kleiner. I didn't mean to-"
"It's alright y/n. We all make mistakes." Kleiner laughed, still laying on the carpeted floor. He rolled over to stare up at you and smiled once more.
"You look beautiful/handsome from down here." Kleiner muttered to himself. Due to how close you were to the scientist, you of course heard him.
"I'm sorry, what?" You asked, looking down at Kleiner with a smirk. Kleiner immediately realized what he said and froze in place, his face turning a bright red.
"I-I, uh.. di-didn't... no.." Kleiner stuttered out, trying to find the right words.
"I'm sorry. I knew this was going to happen!" Kleiner turned to the side and scolded himself for letting that comment slip.
"Calm down, Isaac. You did nothing wrong." You said, placing your hand on his shoulder.
"This isn't how I wanted to tell you. But I guess there's no hiding it anymore." Kleiner sighed and sat up.
"I like you. Much more then a friend." He confessed.
"Oh I know." You blatantly respond. Kleiner's eyes shot open and his blush worsened.
"You knew?!"
"Yeah. It was pretty obvious. But if I'm being honest, I feel the same." You confess. Kleiner couldn't fully process what he was hearing. He did not expect this reaction. Not that he didn't want it, but he assumed you thought of him as a friend and nothing more. This whole situation seemed more like a dream then reality to him.
"I was planning on asking you out. I wanted to do something special for my confession, but I guess this works too." You shrugged and averted your eyes in shame. When you looked back at Kleiner, he was staring at you with tears in the corner of his eyes and a large smile on his face. You were about to question the tears when you were cut off by a hug. You returned the hug and rubbed circles into Kleiner's back. He let out a few sniffles before pulling back and fixing his glasses.
"Forgive my tears. I'm delighted you feel the same."
"I'm delighted I finally got to tell you, although not the way I wanted. Guess I'll have to make it up on the first date, huh?" You said as you wiped Kleiner's tears away.
"I guess you will." Kleiner responds. You give the scientist a quick kiss on the cheek before standing up, dusting your pants off in the process. Kleiner gently touched his cheek and beamed.