OS- Gordon x reader (part 2)

"Did you hear? The military's come to rescue us!" One scientist explained with a smile. You and Gordon glanced at each other and both have relieved expressions. The both of you had found a small group of Black Mesa employees hiding deep within the facility. There were only three of them, one was wounded but the other two fine.
"Finally we can get out of this place." You exclaimed. Gordon nodded in agreement. Everyone was tired and desperate. They just wanted to go home.
"Haven't you heard the rumor?" The only security guard in the group spoke up.
"I've heard of soldiers opening fire on other employees."
"That's just a paranoid rumor!" The first scientist argued. The injured scientist leaned on the first's shoulder and whimpered, "Why would they do such a thing?"
"They won't harm us. They're here to save us. I know it." The first scientist claimed, helping the injured doctor to stay up. The security guard waved his hand in dismissal.
"Suit yourself. Go get shot for all I care. I'm staying away from those marines." That's when the sound of multiple footsteps along with shouts. The voices announced themselves to be the United States military.
"They're here! Come on!" The first scientist shouted, helping their injured employee as they rushed down the corridors. Gordon began to follow but stopped when you didn't budge.
"Are you sure you don't want to join? I know it's a risk, but-" You asked, only to get cut off.
"I would like to stay alive, thank you very much." The guard huffed. You rolled your eyes and replied with, "Suit yourself. Gordon let's go." Gordon nodded and continued to walk, staying in front of you just encase things went sour. The two of you got to a long staircase and looked over the edge. The other two doctors were almost to the bottom. That's when three or so soldiers stormed in. The two scientist grinned and announced their presence. The soldiers turned to them and waited for them to approach. You and Gordon smiled, thinking you were finally safe. Only for that hope to be shattered in front of you. Once the two scientists were close enough, the soldiers did right as the rumors said they would. Opened fire. The two dropped dead, unable to put up much of a fight in their position. You let out a short scream in shock as Gordon pushed you behind him. He pulled out a gun, determined to put up a fight and win. The marines heard you shout and began to send bullets your way. The two of you took cover and attempted to fire back. Gordon was quick to down the first soldier as you fiddled with you pistol. Unlike Gordon, you did not have much experience with a gun. Despite this you were able to hit one of the marine's shoulder, not killing him but stunning him so Gordon could deliver a killing shot.
"Yes!" You cheered, albeit quietly. Gordon took a moment to reload and gave you a thumbs up and a congratulatory smirk. Soon enough the soldiers were all dead, or at the very least to injured to get up. The two of you slowly crawled out from your spot and examined the area. You jumped up and hugged Gordon.
"Oh my god! We fought against marines and won!" You exclaimed, shocked to have beaten highly trained professionals at their own game. Gordon blushed and smiled.
'Your aim is getting better, y/n.' He signed, looking at you with proud expression.
"It is. But let's talk about you. You were amazing!" You praised. Gordon rubbed the back of his neck before signing, 'It wasn't that impressive.'
"I wouldn't have been able to take down three soldiers by myself. You are very skilled with your weapons, Dr. Freeman."
———
You were walking only a few feet behind Gordon before he suddenly stopped, causing you to run into him.
'Sorry.' He turned around and signed. You rubbed your nose and backed away.
"It's alright. Why did you stop though?" Gordon motioned to the vending machines, which you hadn't noticed until he pointed them out.
'Let's take a break. Get a snack and rest. We'll need out energy.' He explained. You agreed and moved over to the machine, shoving your hand into your pocket to grab some change.
"What do you want?" You asked, only to see a crowbar hit the center of the vending machine, breaking it open with ease. You turned your head to see Gordon staring at you with a huge grin.
"Gordon, what the fuck?" You shouted, trying to sound upset despite a smile quickly forming on your face. Gordon shrugged and dig through the snacks, handing you a (favorite candy bar). You gladly excepted the delicious treat and undid the wrapping. Gordon decided to instead get a soda. You moved to sit against a nearby wall. Gordon grabbed a few more snacks, shoving them into his suit for later before following suit. He plopped down next to you and continued to drink his soda. The two of you snacked I'm comfortable silence, enjoying the moment of peace. You were almost done with your sugary treat when you felt something lean against you. You looked up to see Gordon resting his head on yours. He avoided meeting your eyes and continued to drink his soda, his face a pinkish tent. You thought about asking him about the action, but decided to drop it. Today was a long day and you were both exhausted. The two of you haven't know each other for to long, but you both felt a strong connection to one another. That could be because of the life threatening situation you found yourselves trapped in, but even so. You finished your candy bar, crumpled up your wrapper, and tossed the wrapper across the room. Gordon proceeded to copy you by crushing his can and throwing it next to your wrapper. You both relaxed and leaned onto one another. Your body decided this was a perfect time to sleep since you felt your eyelids grow heavy. You tried to fight it, not wanting to let your guard down to much, but it was useless.
"Hey Gordon." You asked, trying to project your voice so he could hear. He straightened his position a bit and glanced over to you, all ears.
"I might fall asleep for a few minutes. Is that okay?" You slurred, leaning more onto the HEV suited scientist. Gordon gave you a soft expression and a thumbs up.
'I'll keep look out.'
"Thanks." Before you knew it, you were out cold. Gordon smiled and put his arm around you, keeping you close.
'Sleep well.'