Chapter 23

"Hyung... why are you here?" Jungkook asked, raising his eyebrow as he stared intently at Taehyung.

"Apparently Jisoo is dating my cousin." Taehyung answered with a sly smile. For some reason he was enjoying the jealous look on Jungkook's face.

While he was on better terms with Jungkook, he wanted Jungkook to know how he felt when Jungkook used to lustfully stare at Jennie.

"Oh right..." Jungkook replied dryly. He didn't think Jin would invite Taehyung, knowing the history between them.

Jungkook stepped inside and possessively wrapped his arms around Jennie's thin waist protectively. Jennie noticed and smiled up at him appreciatively. The gesture made Taehyung clench his jaw, but he quickly faked a smile and looked away angrily.

Jin finally showed up with Jisoo, holding her hand like two lovebirds. Both their eyes shooting hearts at each other.

"You're finally here Kookie!" Jin exclaimed happily as he embraced Jungkook.

"Of course Hyung!" Jungkook smiled brightly at Jin.

"That's great! Everyone's here! Come on, I have an announcement to make." Jin said as he led everyone together.

The rambunctious group of people quieted down as they gave Jin all of their attention. "I'd like to thank you all for coming to my house party. Jisoo helped me decorate and we cooked so many delicious foods I hope you all enjoy!"

Everyone cheered approvingly at the delicious food. Jungkook had already devoured a plate and was refilling his plate for seconds. He stuck up a thumbs up as he listened to the speech.

"Now the reason I called everyone here is because I have a special announcement to make." Jin gestured to Jisoo, "come here sweetheart."

Jisoo smiled as she excitedly joined Jin.

With everyone staring, Jin bent down on one knee, making everyone collectively gasp. Jisoo was beaming at Jennie ,but Jisoo didn't notice what was happening until she saw Jennie gasp and pointing at Jin. Jisoo followed Jennie's pointed finger and looked down to see Jin, her smile slowly faded and her hands covered her mouth in shock.

"Jisoo, I know we haven't known one another for that long. But I love you so much...and I can't imagine life without you. Will you marry me?" Jin's voice was a bit shaky with nerves.

A trickle of sweat ran down Jin's  handsome face as he held out the huge diamond ring in front of him expectantly.

Jisoo was stunned, her eyes began to well up with tears as she stared at the unbelievably huge diamond ring offered to her.

"What?" Taehyung muttered under his breath.

"Wow, must run in the family." Jungkook joked as he nudged Taehyung.

"Yes!" Jisoo finally answered after a worryingly long silence that made Jin perspire more.

Everyone cheered loudly and clapped as Jin placed the huge rock on Jisoo's finger.

"What is he thinking?" Taehyung scoffed, shaking his head disapprovingly.

"Well those two have been inseparable since we introduced them." Jungkook said with a smile.

"So this is your fault?" Taehyung glared at Jungkook.

"I guess so. He showed up a while ago and wanted to hang out, but I was out with Jennie and Jisoo so I invited him to come along."

Taehyung scowled.

"Don't worry Hyung, they'll make each other happy. They're both goofballs." Jungkook said reassuringly.