Chapter 10: Bichi naneun solo

Was Lisa talking to Taehyung? Jennie's heart sank.

No it can't be! He wouldn't, no he would never!

Jennie halted when she saw Lisa enter the building, Jennie slowly followed behind Lisa to hear more. Her heart was racing and her adrenaline was pumping. She needed to be sure before she said anything. She didn't want to look like a crazy person, especially at work.

"Ok fine! I won't call you then bye Tae!" Lisa hung up the phone aggravated and looked around before heading to the office.

Jennie's fears were confirmed.

Lisa was talking to Taehyung.

Jennie's Taehyung.

The man she fell in love with over a year ago. She was so crazy about him, she gave her virginity to him. Jennie even turned down an amazing job offer because it was in another city and Taehyung didn't want to move.

Now she felt every part of her heart shatter. Like daggers poking relentlessly into her heart, she felt such immense pain. Anguished and unable to hold back the tears, she wept wildly in the women's bathroom. She emailed her boss from her phone, saying she wasn't feeling well and would go home.

•••

Jennie went home ready to either kick Taehyung out or leave herself. She wasn't sure how she would face him in person. Luckily when she got there, he wasn't home.

Jennie started packing all of her things. She rushed as she grabbed things left and right, stuffing them into the overfilled luggage. Purposely she left anything Taehyung gave her. She quickly scanned the room to find anything she may have forgotten. As her eyes wandered about the apartment, they filled with tears as a wave of sadness hit her. Her chest hurt, it was a physical pain like someone had socked her in the chest. She could barely breathe as she hyperventilated, gasping and wailing. After regaining her composure, she turned the lights off and slammed the door behind her as she left the apartment.

Jennie went to a hotel nearby and got a room. It was a cheap hotel she'd normally never use, but she had no choice. Every decent hotel was booked for the night. She was sure she looked like a train wreck when she checked in. Her hair unkempt, makeup smeared, and eyes red and puffy. She walked to her hotel room and threw herself onto the bed. She cried until all of her energy dissipated and she could no longer lift her heavy eyelids.

•••

Where is she?!

Taehyung left hundreds of messages and even more missed calls on Jennie's phone.

Why won't she answer!?

Taehyung paced the room anxiously, biting his lip as he tried to think of where Jennie could be. He had come home early from work and realized all of her stuff was gone! She had left all of his things he had gifted her. Gripping onto his phone firmly, Taehyung called Jungkook.

"Hello?" Jungkook answered.

"You told her?" Taehyung gritted his teeth.

"What are you talking about?" Jungkook asked bewildered.

"Jennie, did you tell her about Lisa?!" Taehyung raised his voice.

"Whoa calm down, no I didn't tell her anything."

"Then why is she gone?!" Taehyung slammed his fist on the table next to him.

"What do you mean she's gone?"

"All of her things are gone and she won't answer any of my calls or texts!"

"Ok where could she be? Does she have any friends or family she'd stay with?"