Chapter 13: Kiss and Make Up

Jennie and Jungkook were having a blast, joking and making fun of the wedding from the cheap decorations, to the dry cake, and plain food. Some of the other guests were indignantly glaring at their rambunctious behavior. Jennie and Jungkook just ignored them and continued to boisterously laugh and enjoy each other's company.

As the bride and groom entered the room they made their way around to greet all of the guests. Jennie felt her heart beating fast as she saw Taehyung coming towards their table with Lisa. Jennie had spent the whole week preparing for this. She needed to show them that even if her heart was still broken, she had to pretend she was fine.

The newlyweds stopped at their table and greeted everyone else, before finally talking to Jennie and Jungkook.

"Thanks for coming." Lisa said in a fake pleasant tone.

Her smile was forced and she looked uncomfortable as she stood next to Taehyung.

"Yeah... thanks for coming." Taehyung said between gritted teeth.

Taehyung had his arm wrapped around Lisa protectively. Witnessing this, Jennie could feel her eyes begin to water, but she forced herself to look away to hide her tears.

"Anytime." Jungkook took Taehyung's outstretched hand, the two men seemed to be squeezing each other's hands until they were both shaking from the pain.

Taehyung released first and he stretched out his hand as he glared back at Jungkook angrily. Jungkook smirked and stared back at his former friend unflinching.

"Congratulations on the marriage and the baby!" Jennie eyed Lisa's small belly.

"What do you mean?" Lisa's eyes widened in shock as she cowered lower, she glanced around to see if anyone else had heard Jennie.

"Nice try with the dress, but I've seen you naked before Lisa. That bump wasn't there before." Jennie answered.

"Wait, what?" Both men said in unison, as they stared at the two women in shock.

"Calm down boys, we used to go to the bath houses together." Jennie rolled her eyes as she could see them picturing her and Lisa together naked.

"We will announce the baby when we're ready." Lisa said softly, almost whispering.

"Good job Tae." Jennie said to Taehyung sarcastically as she sat down facing away from them.

"Uh... we need to see our other guests then." Taehyung quickly ushered his new wife away.

"Well that was awkward." Jungkook sighed.

"Tell me about it."

Fortunately Jennie's anger overpowered her feelings of sadness.

How could they both be so stupid and get pregnant! Jennie thought to herself. Then again Taehyung hated condoms, he said he was too big for them and they always hurt him.

"You've gotten a lot tougher Jennie." Jungkook said, admiring how she handled the confrontation.

"I've always been tough, I was just afraid to show it. I'm not afraid anymore."

"That's great. I really like this side of you." Jungkook smiled softly, making Jennie suddenly feel butterflies.

"Oh yeah? You won't be seeing the old me anymore, I won't let another man hurt me again." Jennie said with a stern face.

She still held a grudge against him.

"Come on Jennie. I've apologized to you over and over again."

"Yeah if something like that had happened to you, I would have told you right away. You chose to keep his lie then to tell me!" Jennie pointed out angrily.