Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Draco was outside in the gardens when he heard a hoot. He looked up and saw a white owl with red splotches. As it came closer he could see that the red splotches were actually blood. It landed right in front of him and he realized it was Potter’s owl, Hedwig, or something like that. She hooted again and he finally saw the note in her claws. Wondering why Potter had written to him, he picked up the note. The first thing he realized was that it also had blood on it. Horrified, he read the note. After he finished, he carefully picked up Potter’s owl and ran inside to find his father. Calling a house elf, he asked where his father was and heard that he was in a meeting with the Dark Lord. He told the house elf to take Potter’s elf to the Owlry and take care of her. Deciding that this was more important than anything they were talking about, he burst into the office.

“Draco!” his father said surprised and slowly getting angry about being interrupted while in a meeting.

“I’m sorry father, but I thought this was something that couldn’t wait.” He said trying to catch his breath.

“And what, young Malfoy, was so important that you had to interrupt my meeting with your father?” the Dark Lord said softly also looking slightly irritated by having his meeting interrupted. Draco was glad that the snakelike body that the Dark Lord had gotten in the ritual after the Triwizard tournament had been temporary and he had regained his human looks. Malfoys do not bow to half snake creatures.

“My lord, I’m sorry to interrupt, but I got an owl.” He said bowing towards Voldemort.

“And what is so important about this owl that it couldn’t wait?” The Dark Lord said getting more and more irritated.

“It was Harry Potter’s owl and it had a note.” He said handing the bloodstained note to Voldemort, who read it then handed it over to his father.

“What do you think my lord?” his father asked after he read it.

“I think that Potter must be very desperate to contact his rival. Lucius, take young Malfoy here and Snape and go check it out. Don’t tell Snape where you’re going until you get there but make sure that he brings healing potions. Be careful not to get caught by the insufferable order.” Voldemort ordered.

“Yes my lord.” Both Malfoys answered.

HDHDHDHDHDHDHD

They apparated onto a quiet street. It looked completely and totally muggle.

“He lives here?” he said confused. “Weren’t we told he was pampered?”

“What are we doing here Lucius?” Professor Snape asked.

“Draco got a letter from Potter earlier today asking to be rescued. He gave it to the Dark Lord and the Dark Lord thought it prudent that we go check it out.” Lucius said as they walked towards #4.

When they got to the house, his father unlocked the door and they all went in. Nothing appeared to be wrong, but something felt off.

“Potter probably made the whole thing up. He is a spoiled brat.” Professor Snape sneered.

“Maybe, but we have to check it out anyways.” His father said looking at the pictures on the mantel. “Look at this, he’s not in a single portrait or picture here.”

“Let’s check upstairs for Potter before the Order comes.” Draco suggested.

When they went upstairs all the rooms were empty and one had locks running up and down the door. They looked at each other confused, what could be so dangerous that it had to stay locked up with so many locks? This time Snape unlocked the door. The sight they saw was one of the worst things they ever saw, worse than some of the raids they’d had to go on when the Dark Lord had been completely insane.

“Dear Merlin.” Draco breathed at the sight in front of him.