Chapter 14

“Are you-”

“telling us-”

“That THE Dark Lord-”

“Is Here?!!” the twins said quickly.

“Yep.” Harry answered with a little pop on the p. He was enjoying their alarm. The vibrations from Draco next to him made him think that Draco was enjoying this as well. He was so thankful that Draco didn’t leave him alone at the first sign of his weakness. Draco had been considerate and made small adjustments to his everyday life to help Harry.

Sirius had smiled his little secretive smile when Harry had told him about his crush for Draco. He had said not to worry about it, that he would do something to help out as well as make sure that Dumblefuck and his order couldn’t do anything about it.

“Calm down guys.” Harry said after shaking himself out of his thoughts and realizing that the twins were still freaking out. “He isn’t going to kill you because he knows how much I like him. Right dad?” he turned to look at his dad with an expression that said you better not.

“I would never.” Tom spoke up for the first time since they had been there. “If I did, not only would I be killing new recruits, I would also have my son – that I’m just now getting to know – hate me.”

“Not very reassuring.” The twins deadpanned even though they calmed down anyway and sat back down on their couch. Tom just shrugged.

“Boys. Be nice.” Harry says half playful and half serious, towards both the twins and to Tom.

“Harry the article said you were blind. Is this true?” the twin on the left side of the couch asked.

“Yeah, Fred. My Uncle took one of his beatings too far and I was blinded because of it. Currently, I’m living with Draco, Dad, and the Malfoy’s.” Harry said looking directly at the twins.

“How do you tell them apart? I can’t even do it and you are blind.” Draco exclaimed surprised.

“It’s actually really simple if you pay attention and really want to. Before I was blind I could tell by a few cues, like Fred was a little softer than George. Fred would also be the start of the more mischievous ranks to get everyone to laugh. George is usually the start of the pranks made to specifically humiliate and embarrass people.

“Now, I can tell by both their vocal patterns and by their magic. When Fred speaks, he’s totally thought about everything he is going to say. When George speaks, it’s more spontaneous and he speaks with more of his emotions than Fred, not to be rude to Fred or anything.

“With their magic it’s just the slightest bit different. When I look at people, I see both the strength of their magic as it moves through their bodies and also the colour. Every body’s colour is a little different. Draco’s is silver, Dad’s is a mix between red and hazel. Fred and George’s are both blue but they’re both subtly different. Fred’s is a little bit lighter than George’s. It’s nothing major. I bet that if you paid attention, you could also pick it up.” Harry finished with a shrug.

Fred and George’s mouths were wide open staring at him in shock. Nobody had been able to explain how they could tell the two of them apart so matter-of-factly before.

“Harry, you do know that you’re the third person that we’ve met that can tell us apart and the only one outside of our family that can? The only others are Bill and Charlie. No one else even tries. If we’re alone and they come talk to us they just call us Fred/George”

“I don’t understand why no one else bothers. Even though you two are twins, you are different people. There’s a reason why identical twins are considered one soul in two different bodies. Two bodies, two people, two personalities – no matter how similar the personalities are. Calling identical twins the same person would be like saying that soulmates are the same person as well. They complete each other yes, but they aren’t the same.” Harry said explaining his reasoning.

“Thank you.” The twins said sincerely, “No one else has ever been able to figure that out before. You are our true sibling.”

“You are welcome. It was you two who helped me out when I first entered this world so I just returned the favour.”

“We would love to join the Dark.” The twins said changing the topic and looking at Tom. “But we don’t want the Dark Mark. It would be hard for us to be in public with it since we always roll our sleeves back in our shop and our regular customers would notice the difference. Which could cause some major problems for all of us.”
“Duly noted. Do you and your brother have any skills besides pranking?” Tom questioned looking thoughtful.

“Do we? You are talking to Harry and Sirius’s prized pupils! Of course we have other talents.”

“What are you talking about?” Draco injected confused on what they were hinting at. “And would you please stop calling him Harry? His name is Aidan. Aidan Salazar Riddle.”

“Hmmm. Aidan? We like it. It screams pureblood.” They said thinking over the name. “Okay, Aidan. How come you haven’t told them about what you and Sirius have been practicing? The Dark Lord especially would love it.”

Harry blushed. “I just haven’t found an opportunity. When we met I was passed out, then I found out I was blind, there was about a day of an adjustment, then we had an interview with Rita, then there was the will reading, after that was the inheritance testing and claiming of all my lordships, and right after that we ran into you. I was planning on telling Dad and Draco at least today though.”

“Tell us what?” Tom said coming out of his train of thought.

“Nothing extremely major, Just that Sirius had been teaching me some grey and Dark Arts when he could fight off the compulsion.”

“NOTHING MAJOR?!!! Ha-Aidan he turned you into a skilled assassin and spy. I mean, I know we’re good, but even Dumbledore doesn’t sense you unless you let him. Did you know about those attacks on a few anti-werewolf members of the Wizengamont that happened last year?”

“Yeah who didn’t know about them? They were brutally attacked and the Light assumed it was me eve thought the Dark Mark wasn’t cast. The Dark knew it wasn’t me and it wasn’t any of my rogue Death Eaters. Are you saying that was Harry?” Tom asked when it clicked.

“Yes.” Harry said with a sigh, “Those attacks happened because I had reason to assume they were doing some absolutely terrible things. I sadly found out that I were right. They were testing on werewolves. I found them in the process of doing some of their ‘tests’ on children. Their screams haunted me for weeks afterwards. Everything went red and I demolished them for it.”

“Are the children-” Draco asked trailing off with horror clear in his voice.

Harry just shook his head looking grim.