Chapter 19

"Where is Rita Skeeter?!" was heard throughout the Daily Prophet office. When the workers turned to see who was causing the ruckus, all protests ended when seeing that the instigators were the Boy-Who-Lived and Draco Malfoy.

Without saying anything, all pointed towards the back office. No one wanted to have the combined ire of the BWL and the Ancient House of Malfoy on them.

Aidan and Draco walked down the hallway together, looking immensely powerful together as they made it to Rita's office. When there, they opened the door and were heard saying "How would you like the story of a life time?" before the closed and no one heard anything.

A shiver went down everyone's back and they were all glad that they weren't the ones that had procured their wrath.

~

"So, now that we've made sure that this year will be the worst thing to ever happen to Dumblefuck, Ronald, Ginevra, and the Mudblood; why don't we finally go get you your familiar?" Draco said smiling while dragging Aidan towards Knockturn Ally.

"Of course." Aidan said smiling, glad that Draco was smiling after what happened this morning. "After all, school starts back in two weeks and sadly we are in different houses."

Draco sighed, "Sadly-"

He was cut off by a loud "Harry!" being shouted from across the street.

Draco turned around to see Luna and Neville rushing towards to them. Aidan recognizing the voices, sighed and stopped, Draco's look of concern going unseen by the mostly blind black-haired boy.

"Harry. I'm so glad we were able to catch up with you. We just wanted to tell you that we were with you one hundred percent of the way. Dumbledore, the Nonames and Granger went too far." Neville said when they finally got close enough.

"Yeah, Aidan. The Wackspurts told me that there would be major revelations this year." Luna said not exactly looking at any of those she was talking to.

"How did you know...?" Draco trailed off.

Luna smiled her mysterious smile before saying. "Do you like the gift the Crumpled-Horn Snorkaks gave to you? You need your sight after all. They are sorry they couldn't give it all to you. The Flutterbys are happy that you still have some family though. They were overjoyed that you could finally get a familial relation."

"Luna are you...?" Aidan trailed off tilting his head and motioning with his hand to say what he couldn't in public.

"The Tinkerbes gave me a gift. They were sorry about my mom so they gave it to me." Luna said with a mysterious smile on her face that only Neville and Draco could see.

"Well, Draco and I need to go. I'd advise you two to go get an inheritance check from Gringotts." Aidan said with a smile while also holding out a hand for Draco to take in order to lead him into Knocturn Alley. "Dumbledore had his hands in everything and might have blocked or taken something from you guys as well."

"Of course. The Wackspurts wish you a happy marriage and the Flutterby's tell you that he'll love it."

Aidan instantly blushed and stuttered while Draco looked at him questioningly.

"Come on Neville. We must leave Draco and Aidan alone." Luna said leading Neville away before anyone could speak.

"What was that about?" Draco said looking at Aidan with an expectant look that went straight over Aidan.

"It's nothing. Let's just go." Aidan said gesturing towards where he assumed Knocturn Alley was located.

~

The shop they walked into was a cacophony of sounds from snake hisses, kitten meows, bird calls, dog barks, and a bunch of other animal sounds from the many magical and nonmagical animals. The sounds made Aidan flinch due to his sensitive hearing.

After taking a minute for Aidan to get used to the noise, Draco guided Aidan towards the center of the store before allowing Aidan to let his magic guide him.

It took him down one aisle and a turned corner before he made it to the-

~

Fred woke to knocking on his and George's apartment door.

"Georgie wake up." He shouted as he threw a pillow at his twin on the way out the bedroom.

"Mghmfdm" was the reply given by George to this unwanted wake up call.

Shaking his head, Fred walked to the door and looked to see who it was. Recognizing his eldest brothers, he cautiously opened the door.

With his hand loosely on his wand, Fred asked, "Hey you two. You guys got our letter?"

"Of course." Bill replied.

"And?" George asked from his position leaning on the bedroom door.

"Bill and I are in agreement. If Dumbledore or Molly ever tries to charm us again, spells are going to go flying." Charlie said with a wry grin.

"Yes! You've joined the dark side." The twins cheered together.

"So. What did you need to talk to us about?" Bill said when the twins had finally gotten quiet.

Fred and George exchanged looks before saying together. "You might want to sit down this is a long story."

~

Hermione sat in a corner of the Headmaster's office contemplating all that had happened. In her hands was a letter from her mother.

She looked down and reread it again for the twentieth time.

Hermione,

I am ashamed to even call you my daughter. I thought that I had raised you better than this. Abandoning your true friends for money, books, and status? What is wrong with you? I want you to take a really deep look at yourself and see if you are happy with who you are. Then do the same to your so called 'friends'. Until I can look at you and see my bright-eyed daughter who was so happy to learn magic and staunchly supported Harry throughout all his challenges, I don't want to see you anywhere near your father or me and our house. I've already talked to your father about it and he agrees whole-heartedly with me. I finish with only these two quotes you should remember, "A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow." And "Making a million friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when millions are against you." See which type this Ronald boy and Ginevra girl is and then see what type Harry was.

Emily Granger

Hermione looked around at the complaining bitch that Ginny was, the whining brat Ron was, the manipulative cunt Molly was, and the manipulative old goat that Dumbledore was and thought only four words... "What have I done?"

AN: Hey Everybody!! Sorry I'm so late on this. During Thanksgiving Break I greeted sleep like an old friend and it didn't want to let me go. This update still technically counts as the November update in my book, so expect a December update sometime in the future. And no I am not abandoning either one of my fics. I have decided that you guys will decide the familiars for Draco and Aidan. Just send me a comment or PM saying what the animal is, it can be magical or nonmagical, and maybe why you picked it. Whoever's I pick will also get to decide on something else they would like to add into my fic as an incentive. Hope you like the chapter!!