Chapter 5

Harry woke up confused and disoriented. It was pitch black and he was confined in something. He started to panic and thrash around. He felt his magic start to swirl due to the fact that he couldn’t move.

“Harry! Harry calm down!” a familiar voice said to him from somewhere. “Calm down Harry, you’re safe. Calm down!” Now he remembered.

He was at Malfoy Manor, he had been blinded by his uncle and was now sharing a room with Draco Malfoy. Yesterday he went to the Dark Lord to ask if he could be part of the dark side and was accepted. Today, he was supposed to work on his casting now that he is blind as well as show Tom what he could do.

“I’m fine Draco. Thanks for calming me down, I just forgot that I was blind for a minute.” He told Draco. He and Draco had come to a ceasefire yesterday and they had decided to try again as friends. He hadn’t really hated Draco at all. He just hadn’t liked how spoiled and bratty Draco had been. He had reminded him too much of his cousin for him to want to be his friend.

“Are you sure?” Draco asked him with concern clear in his voice.

“Yeah,” I say trying to get up. “Actually….Could you help me find the bathroom? And helpmepickoutanoutfit?” Harry says embarrassed.

“Sure.” Draco says with what sounds like a smile on his lips.

HDHDHDHDHDHD

After Draco helped him find the bathroom and pick his clothes, something distinctly soft and silky-it was probably some of Draco’s clothes but he wasn’t going to complain- he helped Harry find the dining room.

“Hello Harry.” That was definitely Tom’s voice.

“Tom.” Harry says nodding in the general direction of his voice.

“The seat a few steps in front of you is yours. Young Draco here is to your right, I am to your left. Lucius Malfoy is right in front of you and Narcissa is diagonally to your right.”

“Hello everyone and thank you, Lord and Lady Malfoy for allowing me to stay here as you guest.” Harry says formally as he sits down.

“You are most welcome, Harry and please stay here as long as you need. We are, after all family.” Narcissa says with a smile in her voice. “Your grandmother was a black just like I was. And please, call me Cissa.”

Harry nodded as he slowly reached to where his plate is supposed to be and found it was already filled with food. Confused, he turned to his right.

“Like I said, the house elves know you are blind and filled your plate already.” Draco said to the unasked question. “On your plate there is eggs, scones, bacon, and pastries. To your right, next to your fork, is some jam.”

“Oh,” Harry said, “Do you know if the house elves at Hogwarts do the same?” he asks genuinely curious.

“Not that I know of.” Draco replies.

“I know for a fact that you do have to inform your teachers, because there are things that happen in classes that being blind prevents you from doing. Especially in Potions class, you have to work with a partner who knows what they are doing so that you don’t blow something up accidently.” Tom said joining into the conversation.