Chapter 3

Chapter 3

“Are you calmer now?” Draco asked Harry when he came back a few hours later.

“Yeah.” Harry replied looking slightly to the left of where Draco was seated.

“The Dark Lord told me to tell you that, when you calmed down, he would see you in his office.” He said looking at the boy in front of him. He had always thought Harry Potter was good-looking but, now that he had a chance to be closer he could see that he was in fact extremely handsome instead.

“I’m to escort you there. Then I’m to take you to the room you’ll be staying in while you are here. Since we don’t want you to get lost, you’ll be staying in my room so I can help you. The house elves are putting another bed in there as we speak.”

Potter blushed a little when he heard the last part.

“Okay. I’m ready to go whenever.” Potter says wobbling a little as he stands up, trying to regain his center of balance. Draco, seeing he was about to fall onto the bed post, rushed forward to help steady him. He held Potter’s hand as he led him out of the Manor Infirmary. Potter’s hand felt very warm and soft in his.

“I’m going to take you to the Entrance Hall and then take you to the Dark Lord’s office from there. Most of the hallways are connected to the Entrance Hall.” Draco says as he walks down the hall a little slower than his regular pace so that Harry could learn the path as they walked.

“This is the Entrance Hall. As you can feel, it only took a few turns to get here from the Infirmary.” He said stopping and putting a hand in front of Harry to keep Harry from running into him.

“We are in the middle of the Entrance Hall. The door seven normal steps to your left will put you in a hallway that will eventually lead to the kitchens and dining room. The dining room is closer to here than the kitchens. The house elves know about what happened; so if they find you wandering around or lost, expect them to help you out. You could also call one if you need to get somewhere or something and I am unavailable. We will probably assign a house elf to you. The door twelve steps to your right lead to the wings where you can find most of the bedrooms. My parents and the Dark Lord have rooms somewhere else and those are warded to keep people out, so don’t worry about accidently entering their rooms. The door five steps behind you, as you know, leads to the Infirmary. It also leads to the Owlry where your owl will be when you don’t need her. About eight to ten steps in front of us is a door that will lead to the ballroom and it will also lead to where we’re going, which is the Dark Lord’s office. My father also has an office this way as well.” He says as he leads Potter to the door in front of him as he finished his speech. “This manor is pretty big so don’t be afraid to ask directions or help. I still get lost sometimes if I’m not paying attention to where I’m going.”

HDHDHDHDHDHDHDHDHDHDHDHDHD

Dumbledore had been sitting in his office when one of his silver doohickeys (AN: I don’t know what they’re called so this is what I’m calling it. If you know what they are, put it in a review and I’ll change it.) started to go off. It was followed by two more. They all had one thing in common; they were all tied to one Harry Potter: The Boy Who Lived. The first one told Dumbledore that Harry was dying. The second told him that Death Eaters had breached the wards, and the last said that the blood wards had failed. Then, all of a sudden, they all went silent. The only thing that could make the third one stop was if Harry was either dead or no longer considered #4 his home. And the latter wasn’t possible because of all the compulsion spells and loyalty potions, not to mention the personality-changing potion he had made Harry ingest to keep him compliant.

Harry had always been a twisted child, using his magic to make his relatives fear him at a young age. He had had to interfere and erase their memories because he had gotten too violent and The Boy Who Lived couldn’t be evil. He hoped the boy was dead because then he could get all the money in the Potter vaults and all the other vaults under the boy’s name. He had kept them from the boy so that when he died defeating Voldemort, they would all go to Dumbledore and the Weasleys especially when they had slipped a love potion to Harry for Ginny. Of course not all the Weasley’s knew about the plan, some were too close to the boy, like the twins, or some were too distanced like Bill and Charlie. Although, if the annoying brat was dead that would probably make the two youngest Weasleys and Granger mad because that would mean they weren’t going to get any money for keeping an eye on Potter. He would have to do some damage control to keep the public from rioting against him.

He knew he should’ve made Harry write a will. The goblins wouldn’t let anyone touch a dead person’s money unless it was written in the will they could. That’s why he couldn’t touch Sirius Black vaults. He had to wait to see what he was given in the will. The confundus charm he had placed on Sirius should have worked and if not that, then the loyalty potion would have worked. Harry couldn’t be there either, just in case he got something major.

Fawkes sadly looked at his owner. He had delved too far into a dark path. He wasn’t the same man he was when Fawkes had bonded to him. So, with a sad single note, he vanished from the Headmaster’s Office and severed the familiar bond he had with Dumbledore. Dumbledore, so entranced in his lies and deceit, didn’t even notice a thing.