Chapter 7

The day after the article, there was a public outcry. Dumbledore and the Ministry got Howler after Howler all morning asking how a poor innocent boy like Harry could have all that bad fortune heaped on him and how dare the Ministry torture students and put an innocent man in Azkaban.
The public was crying out for Fudge to be removed from office and for Dumbledore to be removed as Headmaster since his child-caring skills had much to be acquired.

All day there were reporters, wizards, witches, and photographers waiting around Gringotts so that when Harry showed up, they could offer him their support.

~

“You and Rita did an amazing job with the article, Harry.” Tom said somewhere to Harry’s left.

“Thanks Tom. From what Draco read to me, it sounds like she really went to town with it.” He says with a smirk remembering the blush he could hear in Draco’s voice when Draco had gotten to the part that insinuated they were in love. “Draco told me that we were going to be leaving in about ten minutes. Lucius scouted Gringotts earlier and there is a line of well-wishers there to ‘give their support’ to me.”

“Great.” Harry could hear the smile in Tom’s voice. “You will take a shrunken Nagini with you until you get your familiar. After the reading, you will go get a familiar with Draco. If, for whatever reason, it’s located in Knocturn Alley take this bracelet and anyone who is either a Death Eater, or a Dark supporter will see it and know that you are under my protection.”

Harry was astonished. “I-I don’t know what to say. Thanks Tom.”

When it was placed in his hand he instantly put it on.

“Ready to go Harry?” Draco says coming in somewhere from Harry’s right.

“Alright. Let me just get Nagini.” He says getting up.

Nagini, Tom has said you are coming to protect me while we’re out. He says kneeling down. He could hear Draco faintly moan and smirked. Seems like Draco had a Parsletongue fetish.

So you are the ‘impertinent brat’ my master Tom always complains about.

Harry looked towards he last heard Tom and raised his eyebrow. Tom huffed.

Yes I am. Lucius Malfoy’s son, Draco, and I are going to Gringotts and since I am blind, I need to make sure Dumblefuck and his Chicken Club don’t try to do something to me.  Tom choked a little in shock at the nickname Harry had given Dumbledore and the Order.

I’ll glamour you to look a little less like you so that they don’t try to kill on sight. Harry said as he pulled out his wand with his right hand as he felt around for Nagini. When he finally found her, he cast a glamour charm on her to make her a little smaller and, instead of her natural color, he made her a dark black with green eyes.

“Okay Draco, ready to go.” Harry said looking towards the general location he last heard him in as he put Nagini around his neck.