Chapter 50

(Ying's POV)

Everyone stayed still. Salem looked at us and smiled.

Salem: Why the silence? I thought I would... Hear some interesting things you would call me.

I saw (Y/N) clench his hands and got into a defensive stance.

Ying: You...

Salem looked at me.

Ying: It's because of you. You killed them! You killed the ones I love!

Salem: From what I gathered, you're from the future. I haven't killed anyone you loved yet.

She raised her hand at me and a ball of magic appeared.

Salem: But I will happily change that.

I froze. I felt my hands start to shake. I started to get flashbacks of my family dying.

Salem: Unless... You tell me where the Relic is.

I thought about it. If I tell her, will she actually leave? I looked at everyone else and they looked back at me, in silence.

(Y/N): I'll tell you.

I looked at (Y/N). He can't be serious, can he?

Yang: ...(Y/N)...

He raised his hand and flipped the bird to Salem.

(Y/N): It's up your ass!

Salem stayed quiet. She shot the magic ball at (Y/N). He barely dodged it. The ball stopped and exploded, sending everyone back. I landed on my feet.

Ying: Crap. This isn't good.

I saw some Grimm hands appear around me. I tried to get away, but they grabbed me. I looked up and saw Salem standing in front of me.

Salem: You know how to break time and travel back through it.

She clenched her hand, causing the hands on my to squeeze into me. I bit my lip to not scream in pain.

Salem: Tell me how.

Ying: I'll... Never tell you!

Salem: You will.

I looked behind Salem and saw Yang behind her. Yang punched Salem away. Yang shot off the Grimm hands around me.

Yang: Are you alright?

Ying: Yeah.

Yang helped me up. I saw (Y/N) run up to us.

(Y/N): We have to leave. We aren't ready for Salem yet. Ying, make a portal.

I nodded and chopped the air, making a red portal.

(Y/N): Guys! We're leaving!

Salem: I don't think so.

Salem is somehow behind (Y/N). (Y/N) turned around and tried to hit Salem. She dodged and Salem flew up into the air. She raised her hand towards the sky and a huge ball of magic appeared.

Ying: Oh no...

(Y/N): We have to go!

Yang: What about everyone in Mantle?

Ying: We can save them, can't we?

I saw grandma Raven and Dye fly up at Salem. Cinder got in front of them and kicked them down into the ground.

Salem: Cinder. Keep them busy.

Cinder: Yes.

Salem launched the magic ball at Mantle. I rushed over and put my hands up. My hands came into contact with the ball. It hurts to touch, but I stopped the ball from hitting the ground.

Ying: I have... To stop this!

I tried to push the ball back. The ball started to grow in size. I fell down to my knees. I felt my aura about to break. I felt someone grab the back of my shirt and pull me back. I saw (Y/N) and Yang holding the ball.

Ying: What are you two doing?!

(Y/N): Buying you time! Get out of here with everyone else!

Ying: I can't leave you two!

Yang: You have to go! You'll die if you stay!

Ying: I can't leave you!

I saw Yang's robot arm break into pieces. (Y/N) looked back at me and smiled.

(Y/N): Be a big girl... And leave.

Tears started to fall from my eyes. I can't move. I don't want to move. I don't want to leave them. I felt someone else grab me.

Ruby: We have to go.

Ruby started to run and drag me away. I looked at her.

Ying: We have to help them!

Ruby: They told me to help you.

I looked at (Y/N) and Yang. They activated their semblances and started to scream in pain.

Ying: Mom! Dad!

I reached out for them, but it didn't do much. The ball swallowed (Y/N) and Yang. It exploded, leaving a big crater in the ground.

Ying: No...

I got out of Ruby's grasp and ran to the crater. I moved the rubble and found their bodies, covered in blood and not breathing.

Ying: This has to be a nightmare.

I started to shake (Y/N) and Yang.

Ying: Please! Wake up! Stop messing around!

I didn't get any kind of response. My tears became uncontrollably and some fell down on (Y/N) and Yang. There has to be something I can do. I felt the ground start to shake.

Ying: Whats going on?

I saw a portal open behind me and Raven's arm came out of it. She grabbed me and pulled me through. I fell down on my back and looked around. I saw the crater and a beam of light erupted from it.

Ying: Whats happening?

I saw two figures stand up and the beam of light disappeared.

Ying: Mom?! Dad?!

(Readers POV)

I opened my eyes and looked around. I'm still in Mantle. I looked over at Yang and saw she doesn't have her robot arm anymore and it's replaced by an arm made out of light.

(Y/N): This sure is different.

I looked at my hands. I don't feel any pain from the ball of magic.

Salem: Interesting. How are you two alive?

Me and Yang looked at each other.

(Y/N): I don't know.

Yang: Us being alive just means we need to beat you.

Salem: You are only delaying the inevitable. You will die here.

Salem threw a magic ball at me. It hit me, but I didn't feel anything.

Salem: What?!

I looked at Yang. We smirked at each other. Yang jumped up at high speeds and went behind Salem. Yang punched Salem to the ground.

Yang: This feels great. I feel way stronger.

(Y/N): Whatever happened, I'm not complaining.

Yang landed on her feet. Salem got up and tried to attack Yang. I rushed over and got in front of Yang and took Salem's attack.

(Y/N): Don't tell me you're holding back. I didn't feel anything from that attack.

Salem: Impossible.

She took a few steps back.

(Y/N): Are you ready, Yang?

Yang: As ready as I'll ever be. Let's give Salem hell!

(Chapter 50 end)